Wednesday 8th June 2022 - Cancelled episode

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Philip A
Kiloposter

Wednesday 8th June 2022 - Cancelled episode

Post by Philip A »

According to the Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2022/06/08 and Radio Times television guides, the last preliminary match of Series 85 cannot be shown at all for reasons beyond control, and has had to be withdrawn from the schedule (not the first time it’s happened, won’t be the last). It will instead be replaced by a repeat of the Championship of Champions XV final between Zarte and Bradley, first shown in January 2019, marking the third transmission of this episode.
Last edited by Philip A on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Series 78 Runner-up
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Re: 8 June 2022 - Cancelled episode

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Would three now be the most transmissions of an episode of Countdown? If so I feel like that I should add that on the wiki
One of da 'Muricans
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

Andres Sanchez wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:12 pm Would three now be the most transmissions of an episode of Countdown? If so I feel like that I should add that on the wiki
Episode 1 was shown three times I think.
Series 78 Runner-up
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Philip A wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:21 pm
Andres Sanchez wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:12 pm Would three now be the most transmissions of an episode of Countdown? If so I feel like that I should add that on the wiki
Episode 1 was shown three times I think.
In its entirety?
One of da 'Muricans
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Does this include the 5am repeats? Two would be fairly normal anyway so it would only take one repeat to get it to three.
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

If they withdraw the episode completely, let's hope it's not because of a dark reason (like someone being a criminal and appearing on the show which has happened before...)

I don't think it includes 5am repeats, I usually don't count that because Channel 4 will always broadcast this at some point (Jeez now it's like three weeks behind, when I first started doing recaps back in 2017 it was two days later)
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

No, 5am repeats not counted here.

The originally billed episode has been withdrawn and will remain unbroadcast indefinitely for now.
Series 78 Runner-up
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

One other was untreleased https://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_2045 due to the opponent being a child molester so the 2000th edition of countdown was repeated, Richard Whiteley usually announced the name of the contestant who was competing next day, but on this occasion he didn't.

Another unreleased episode https://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5723 after one of the opponents was done for a grooming a teenager but this special was repeated instead https://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_S40
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Mr. Team confirms the final score was 88-57. Updated the wiki to include.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

LET'S GO COUNTDOWN TEAM!!!!!
One of da 'Muricans