Apterous Daily Trivia

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Apterous Daily Trivia

Post by Martin Hurst »

As advertised on Apterous, but obviously open to anyone on here too.....

https://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=105780

Click above to access Apterous Daily Trivia. Every day you can take part in a short timed quiz and compete to top the leader board at the end of the month.

Just sign up to the above site and play. Simple.

We'll trial this with the default categories initially, but if all is well will start adding custom topics later.

Please note:

*The website is a bit antiquated and the question database is circa 20 years old, so don't expect anything on current affairs!
*The scoring system is 100 per correct answer, less 1 point for every second taken (for example, 9 out of 10 in 60 seconds would be 840 points)
*Ties are decided by whoever takes the quiz first
*A quiz "day" starts/finishes at either 6am or 7am UK time (can't remember which - it changes from one to the other when it's BST and GMT)
*In terms of generating points for the monthly leaderboard, the points take a sudden drop after 10th place
*If you already have a FunTrivia account or play in another daily tournament, I think you need to set up a new username to play in this one too
*You don't have to commit to play every day to take part

And please.......

*Sign up using a username so everyone knows who you are - for example, i am "MartinHurst" rather than my usual Internet name of "HotBoy69"
*Do not cheat. Spoils it for everyone and is pathetic.

Any queries, let me know, and good luck!