Co:Wat?! 2022 - Countdown in Waterford (18/06/2022)

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Co:Wat?! 2022 - Countdown in Waterford (18/06/2022)

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

TL;DR summary:
~As regards coronavirus, facemasks and distancing probably will not be required.
~The event will be run in line with whatever the public health guidelines at the time are.
~It costs €15 for those who have sorted out their own accommodation.
~It costs €50 for anyone who is availing of our campsite facilities.
~Overseas guests will be welcome to attend, and some special arrangements can be made for those doing Waterford AND Galway.
~Galway on the 11th. Waterford on the 18th. Exactly one week later. It's an Irish bonanza! Why not do both?! :mrgreen:
~The Saturday night will likely consist of a pub sing-song and some games of pool.
[Event facebook page is here: https://fb.me/e/5ioP0CtkO]

--------------------------------------

WHAT IS IT?
Based on Channel 4's flagship daytime TV quiz show, this will be a chance to partake in a real-life Countdown tournament, in a rural setting. We'll have consonants, we'll have vowels, we'll have numbers. We may not have Rachel Riley to dispense them, but we won’t have Anne Robinson either! Every cloud…

NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
Having had the experience of hosting Co:Wat in 2020 and in 2021, we are well used to running events with covid safety measures in place. Now that restrictions have been lifted, it is likely Co:Wat 2022 will resemble the 2018 and 2019 editions. However, the pandemic is not over yet, and we will be keeping an eye on public health recommendations and will ensure the event meets the standards.

THE IRISH BONANZA.
This year there are more Irish co-events than ever before! There is Jessamine O’Connor’s brand new CO:MON! in Monasteraden, Co. Sligo on April 23rd.(spaces are limited, so sign up for that one while there is still some availability) Then we have the bonanza itself. Zoomdown host Paul Anderson launches the first ever Co:Galway on June 11th, followed by Co:Wat exactly one week later on the 18th. The idea behind scheduling these two events so close to one another was to accommodate anyone travelling from the UK who might want to make a holiday of it. Come for Co:Gal, get to do the touristy stuff, and stay on for Co:Wat. A Summer get-away bookended by Co-events in two scenic locations on the Western and South-Eastern coasts. There is no word on whether the original (and still the best) event, Co:Dub will take place this year, but hopefully Eddy will announce a date for that soon.

(For UK visitors who are coming to both events, get in touch if you are stuck for accommodation in the week between the two events, and I will see what I can do for you.)

WHO CAN COME?
Anyone at all! Having an interest in anagramming, word games, or puzzles would certainly make it more fun for you, but that is not a requirement. The event caters for all abilities. Some players will be very skilled, but many will be beginners. There will be prizes on offer at each ability level... so whether you are expert, intermediate or novice, there is a chance of coming away with a prize.

WHERE IS IT?
The event will be held in the Carbally Community Centre in Ballymacaw, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford, Ireland. (At the heart of the sunny South East. :)) The Community Centre is located a 5 minute walk from a beach and around a 7 minute walk from the two local pubs, Dowers and Whites. The venue is very spacious, and contains kitchen facilities.

HOW WILL IT WORK?
It kicks off at 11am, and will be conducted using the Bristol-style classroom format. Everyone gets to see the same sets of letters and numbers, and to play them at the same time. Each person will have a direct opponent assigned. These match-ups will be drawn at random just before the start of each game. Everyone is guaranteed 7 games during the day. The results of the early matches (four 9Rers) will determine the composition of the different quarter final groupings. After lunch we play the QFs SFs and finals for each grouping of 8 players. These matches will be 15Rers. The top 8 (sorted by number of wins, then number of points) will contest the quarter final group from which the event winner will come. The final game to determine the event winner will be the only game that won’t be done in the classroom-style setting. It will be a stand-alone match, and everyone will be welcome to stick around and spectate if they so wish.
After dinner, we’ll stroll down to Whites for a few games of pool, followed by an evening of music. Can’t bate the oul singsong!

COSTS INVOLVED.
Once again the aim is to make this as cheap as possible while still covering costs. This year there are two price plans:-
~PLAN #1 [FULL PACKAGE]:- €50 …includes the event, access to a camp site, and up to 3 meals during your stay.
~PLAN #2 [EVENT ONLY]:- €15 …includes the event and a gourmet lunch (no... really, ask anyone who's been before, Finola has a talent when it comes to all things culinary!).
I would expect that many of those travelling to Waterford for this would need accommodation. Some years we can provide decent dormitory accommodation very cheaply, but this year we can offer a camp-site. We will provide a few tents. We can guarantee 12 spaces in our tents. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag, air bed, pillow etc. (There is plenty of space in the campsite. For your €50 you are getting 2 nights access to a camp site specially kitted out for Co:Wat guests (with toilet / basic kitchen facilities), the event, breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Saturday, and also breakfast on Sunday.
€15 is the price available for Waterford natives, or anyone else who has their own accommodation sorted. The price includes the event, and lunch on Saturday.
Other items that are provided throughout, free of charge, include:- 1. Pens and paper to use; 2. Coffees, teas, and some soft drinks; 3. Snacks.
(We are hoping all of this will be doable without operating at a loss financially. Depending on the numbers, it is possible.)

BOOKING DETAILS.
We can only guarantee a place in our tents to the first 12 people who apply, and need a place to sleep, thereafter, you'd need to bring and pitch your own tent, or sort out your own accommodation in a local hotel or B&B.

To book your place at Co:Wat?! send the payment to Eoin Jackson via paypal at the address ayum@live.ie. (please remember to select 'payment to friends & family') Alternatively make out a cheque to Eoin Jackson and send it on to 33 Shanakiel, Coxtown, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford. Or you can pay on the day. (Payments on the day cannot be done by card.)

FLIGHTS, TRAVEL, etc.
If you are coming from overseas, the best options are to fly into Cork or Dublin. Both of these are approx a 90min drive from Waterford. Bus and train would be available to the city, and we can arrange a lift to the venue from there (for free, obviously). For anyone who would rather take the Ferry. There are regular sailings into Rosslare harbour from Pembroke and Fishguard in Wales. (Rosslare is a 60min drive from Dunmore East.)
For anyone travelling within Ireland, if you can make it to Waterford, we can provide a lift to the venue for you. If you are using Sat Nav, “Carbally Community Centre, Ballymacaw” should work fine.

Alternatively, if you are a part of the Irish Bonanza, you may be best off to fly into Galway Airport, and arrange to fly out from Cork or Dublin. I will have 3 spaces available in my car for people who need a ride from Galway to Waterford. Obviously get in touch sooner rather than later regarding these spots.

[More details to go here as they come available.]

I think that’s everything for now! If you have any queries, leave a comment below, or contact me (Eoin Jackson) via a facebook private message.
So if you fancy a few games of Countdown potentially followed by a swim on the beach, come to Waterford in the sunny South East of Ireland this June! Hope to see you there.

LIST OF CONFIRMED ATTENDEES (as at 01-06-22)
[C= Appeared on CD. | A = Apterite. | N = Co-event Newbie.]

1. Alan O'Sullivan [A]
2. Fiona Titcombe [C / A]
3. Hazel Drury [C / A]
4. Michelle Jackson
5. Finola Jackson
6. Kevin Jackson
7. Jessamine O'Connor [C / A]
8. Roger Stevens
9. Gerry Tynan [C / A]
10. Brendan Duke [C / A]
11. Shane Heylin [C]
12. Sarah Langan
13. Elaine McCormick Dunne
14. Sarah Tynan
15. Niall Waters [A / N]
16. Paul Drury
17. George Drury
18. Mairead McGovern-Fitzgerald [N]
19. Thomas Carey [C / A]
20. Damian McEvoy [A]
21. Mark O'Regan [C / A / N]
22. Liam Thomas Davis
23. Liam Holton
24. Marie McDonald [N]
25. Sean Lonergan
26. Kevin O'Sullivan
27. Brian Sullivan [N]
28. Ewie Anggoro [N]
29. Tom Drohan [A]
30. Georgi McGeary [N]
31. Mark McDonnell
Last edited by L'oisleatch McGraw on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Re: Co:Wat?! 2022 - Countdown in Waterford (18/06/2022)

Post by Fiona T »

If anyone isn't camping, I've booked https://www.portreeguesthouse.ie/ which seems relatively reasonably priced and has good reviews.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

This thread could probably do with being in the sticky section with the other upcoming co-events...
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 pm This thread could probably do with being in the sticky section with the other upcoming co-events...
You can do that yourself :) There's options at the bottom when as thread owner you edit. Tick 'Global' and work out how many days till your event, add a couple on and bish bosh job's a good'un.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Oh you've done it - ignore me! :D
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Good news.

We finally got it sorted out that the campsite will be at the venue this year.
Also I can offer some pretty cool benefits for anyone who is doing both Galway AND Waterford.
1. The campsite will be available from the Sunday night before the event.
2. I can offer a free lift to 3 people from Galway to Waterford (this will be on a first come first served basis)
Christy Cooper
Rookie

Post by Christy Cooper »

Can't do this year due to passport issues unfortunately; but 2023 Co:Wat, I give you my word, I'll be there :)
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

As I have contracted Covid (possibly the brand new Boleybeg variant! ;) ), Co:Wat will be hosted remotely this year, using videoconferencing software and YouTube.

Cannot believe that an event that survived 2020 and 2021 has been put in serious jeopardy in 2022, after all restrictions have been lifted...
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Superb effort in hosting the event remotely; great showing in the face of adversity. Does anyone have a final standings list for this event? I'd like to update the FOCAL League Table but so far the only finishing positions I'm sure of are Hazel and Gerry as 1 and 2, respectively.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Co:Wat?! 2022: The Afterword

Co:Wat?! 2022 [The AFTERWORD]

-----------------------------------------

~INTRO~

It does kind of feel like karma in a way. Co:Wat 2020 went ahead in the thick of the pandemic. The next co-event after that was Co:Wat 2021… still in pandemic country. We had been so lucky to have been able to find a way to operate in spite of what was going on in the world. Then, just as the clouds of pestilence seemed to have finally parted, the lurgy struck. The childt was sick, and my sickness on Tuesday night seemed identical to his non-covid virus. But a test on Wednesday confirmed with a line so red it was almost black, that this was no mere cold, it was the dreaded, the brand new “Boleybeg” variant, no less. It did seem ironic that the only event to withstand covid two years running was about to be the only one of 2022 to succumb to it. The options were cancellation, postponement, or to host virtually. Seeming as the entire event was due to be live streamed anyway, and we had people cycling from Galway for this, it was decided to plough ahead using Zoom.

~ATTENDEES~

[Host] Eoin Jackson*~ [AS]
Assisted by:- Thomas Carey*~ [AS]
Fiona Titcombe~ [AS]
(Michelle Jackson)

1. Alan O’Sullivan*~ [AP]
2. Brendan Duke*~ [ASP]
3. Brian Sullivan
4. Damian McEvoy*~ [AP]
5. Finola Jackson*~
6. Gerry Tynan*~ [AS]
7. Hazel Drury*~ [ASP]
8. Kevin Jackson*~ [P]
9. Kevin O’Sullivan*
10. Liam Thomas Davis*~ [P]
11. Mark McDonnell*
12. Mark O’Regan [ASP]
13. Michelle Jackson*~
14. Niall Waters [AP]
15. Paul Drury*~
16. Sarah Tynan*~
17. Sean Lonergan*~
18. Tom Drohan* [AP]

Key:
* = Attended Co:Wat before.
~ = Attended other co-event before.
A = Apterite
S = Has already appeared on the TV show, Countdown.
P = Has definite plans to apply for Countdown in the future.

~BREAKDOWN~

1. Of the 18 participants, there were 4 female and 14 male.

2. There were THREE co-event novices in attendance, namely Brian, Mark O and Niall.

3. All the newbies did fantastically well. Niall finished 5th overall, and Mark 8th. Brian’s 9th place finish saw him take home the B group trophy!

3. Just before the event, we had 31 players signed up… but that cursed corona virus -that Co:Wat managed to very skillfully skirt around for the last two years- decimated the event. 13 dropouts in the 3 days before a co-event has got to be some sort of awful record that Co:Wat will likely hold from now and into perpetuity.

4. For the 3rd year running, no Britain-based players attended. (Though this time, two had cycled all the way from Galway for what ended up being the privilege of not attending!)

5. Eight of the participants would describe themselves as "Apterites".

6. Twelve of the players had appeared at co:events other than Co:Wat before (mostly the Irish ones, Co:Dub, Co:Mon, Co:Gal). Of the remainder, three had appeared at a previous edition of Co:Wat.

7. Of the 18, three stayed over in the campsite.

~TIMELINE~

Fri 3:00pm – Trophies, prizes and last of the supplies bought and/or collected.
Fri 8:00pm – First arrivals at the campsite in Brownstown.
Fri 9:30pm (ish) – Tables and chairs set up, and centre decorated with CDey posters.
Fri 11:30pm (ish) – Back to the house for late night cereal and an old episode of Countdown.
………….
Sat 8:15am – Up early to trial run some technical elements for the zoom broadcast.
Sat 10:30am – Players arrive at the venue.
Sat 11:00am – Proposed start time & some panicky last minute delays.
Sat 11:25am – Game #1 starts
Sat 11:30am – Start of play for the morning session.
Sat 2:15pm – Lunchtime!
Sat 3:35pm – Start of play for the afternoon session.
Sat 5:50pm – End of play for all but one game.
Sat 6:00pm – Grand final begins
Sat 7:05pm – Presentation of Trophies and Prizes.
………….
Sat 7:30pm – Pre-clean up Geocaching.
Sat 8:30pm (ish) – One drink at Dowers with team covid and Brendan.
………….
Sun 12:30pm (ish) – All campers departed for the long journey home.

~NOTEWORTHY~

1. In 2021, for the first time, Apterous was used as the engine to run the event. However, the players did not get the full benefit of that switch, as we had no projector. This time everyone got to see the letters onscreen via Apterous, the various numbers selections via Matt Bayfields pretty nifty numbers template that allows all selections onscreen any one time, and conundrums via the Powerpoint template that Robbo used for Co:NE and Paul for Co:Gal. This was our first year using those templates for numbers and cons. It worked seamlessly. (We may have found the secret sauce.) My Monday night Zoom sessions with Alan, Elizabeth., Joseph and Maria really helped the hosting run more smoothly than any other year.
2. Our 2021 theme was “1982-2022: 40 years of Countdown”. To celebrate this, we started things off with a playlist of the most iconic music videos of 1982, which was continued in the lunch break. At lunchtime, we also had time to squeeze in a screening of the first ever episode of Countdown. During the day, there were 3 “Easter Eggs” relating to the theme, hidden somewhere in the gameplay (one hidden in games 1-5, another hidden in the three 15Rers after lunch, and a 3rd hidden in the grand final.) Each Easter egg was worth a bottle of wine for whoever solved it. Hazel (and also team covid) solved the first one, Paul the 2nd, and Tom the 3rd.
3. You could argue that we got very lucky with the weather. Rain was forecast, however, it held off, as did the blistering heat… but it was still a nice enough day to sit outside and have lunch al fresco. By the time team covid arrived at the venue for the tidy-up, it had become a proper Summer’s evening, so Fiona took us across the field to pick up the Geocache stashed by the rocks on Rathwhelan beach… though later on at the outside benches of Dower’s Bar, the chill caught up with the day, making me wish I had more than just my tnetennba T-shirt with me.
4. Food on the day included lunch [baked potatoes, broccoli & tomato salad, three bean salad, waldorf salad, rice salad, coleslaw, cold cuts of ham / chicken / egg + Eton Mess for dessert]; as well as snacks of chocolate & fresh fruit… No-one went hungry anyway! For drinks, there was free flowing tea, coffee and delicious deluxe raspberry juice with lashings of ice.
5. Novel Coronavirus played an even greater role than it had in the 2021 and even the 2020 editions of Co:Wat, simply because -for the first time, it directly affected us. In advance of the event 5 participants had to cancel as they had contracted it. Two of those had come from England and cycled all the way from Galway to Waterford! Those two were Fiona Titcombe and Thomas Carey. Since they were in Waterford anyway, and since I had the dreaded ‘rona myself, we set up a hub in my house: Covid Central from which the games were remotely run. The dogs, who had been nervous with TC the night before, warmed immediately to the two guests. Fiona & Maus played one another all day, fuelled by cups of tea and Chocolate Moose red wine. Finola prepared us a “care package” which was dropped up to us at lunchtime. It was a good day in the leper ward.
6. The remote Zoom hosting brought with it a huge amount of anxiety for the myriad of things that might go wrong. To minimise the anxiety, some fussy elements were omitted. The bit where each contestant is called upon during the day to call a letters selection was scrapped. Seeding was scrapped too. There is usually a small bit of seeding to ensure the top 5 players don’t get to meet before the QF stages, but the pairings were entirely random, for the first time since 2017. I reckon that may be a good way to do things in future too. As regards the greatest David vs Goliath performance of the day, that would have to go to Michelle for her win over Mark O’Regan in the 7th/8th place match, with Kevin O’Sullivan’s win over Sean in the B QF’s a close 2nd.
7. Like with most years, there were many candidates for “Word of the day”… and Hazel spotted quite a few tbf! Here are some of the contenders:- VARSITY, ROULADES, AOUDAD, ARGILEHS, SUBEDITS, AUTORAD, MISAIMED, INFOOTED, SIDELOAD, WEAPONRY, TENORINO, SEXPOT, FOUR (as a max for four!), CHARLIES, MUDWING, AETITE, GUIDANCE, ARGUABLE, PAPELITO, WOADMAN, SLEEVING, TARTUFO (aka OUTFART anagram!), RESETTLE, SEAFOOD (a Dunmore East classic), SURICATE, PLAUDITE, OVERDRAW, REMOLTEN, OSTERIAS, FIACRES.
8. There were more 9 letter words in this year’s Co:Wat than normal (thank you, Apterous!). There were in fact 9 of ‘em, which averages out as 1 per game. They came from the selections [LUPAOIHTE], [OAUDSRTEN], [USBEDIRTO], [RENORIVAT], [ATSSNEIRB], [SDYIOTMRE], [ADETARINS], [DGTOAAENP] and finally [DCITMERUA]. How many would you have been able to spot?
9. Once again this year, a T-Shirt had been ordered from “You Choose”. This time it had a funny phrase on it re: just needing another 40 years to hone my game, but like last year it wasn’t ready on time and had to be cancelled. Instead, the last placed player received a bottle of wine, an ABCs book and a small trophy. There were prizes given out for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in both the A and B group, and for the winner of C. Our champ got a bottle of prosecco and a book on Waterford, other winners received a puzzle book, and all prize winners got a party blower and some chocolate.
10. And so, we draw a veil over what has been the strangest outing of Co:Wat to date. The virtual hosting did not seem to impinge on people’s enjoyment of the event, and it ended up being the first one to end on time, so maybe the strange circumstances helped to cut out superfluous faffing about. It was due to be our biggest (31 players) and ended up the smallest (18 players). Biggest so far was 2018 with 23 players, and the smallest till now was 2019 with 19. So the provisional plan for 2023, as it is the 7th Co:Wat, and 7 is an important number, is to see about getting back to the dorms at Woodstown, and making 2023 the mother of them all! Watch this space…

~SCORING~

And now to the key part of the report… How did the games go, and what were the final standings? Those stats will be included in the next few comments here… Standby for that…
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

***THE HALF-TIME STANDINGS (after five preliminary 9Rers)***

1. Hazel Drury ... (5 wins / 0 losses) ... 326pts
2. Alan O’Sullivan ... (5 wins / 0 losses) ... 316pts
3. Mark O’Regan ... (5 wins / 0 losses) ... 299pts
4. Damian McEvoy (5 wins / 0 losses) ... 276pts
5. Brendan Duke ... (4 wins / 1 loss) ... 315pts
6. Gerry Tynan ... (4 wins / 1 loss) ... 305pts
7. Niall Waters ... (3 wins / 2 losses) ... 241pts
8. Michelle Jackson ... (3 wins / 2 losses) ... 177pts
9. Sean Lonergan ... (3 wins / 2 losses) ... 177pts
10. Tom Drohan ... (2 wins / 3 losses) ... 199pts
11. Brian Sullivan ... (2 wins / 3 losses) ... 198pts
12. Sarah Tynan ... (1 win / 4 losses) ... 174pts
13. Kevin Jackson ... (1 win / 4 losses) ... 171pts
14. Paul Drury ... (1 win / 4 losses) ... 120pts
15. Liam T. Davis ... (1 win / 4 losses) ... 98pts
16. Mark McDonnell ... (0 wins / 5 losses) ... 117pts
17. Finola Jackson ... (0 wins / 5 losses) ... 113pts
18. Kevin O’Sullivan ... (0 wins / 5 losses) ... 108pts

-------------------------------------------------------------------

***THE FINAL RESULTS (after three further seeded* 15Rers)***

1. Hazel Drury ... (3 wins / 0 losses) ... 376pts
2. Gerry Tynan ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 257pts
3. Brendan Duke ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 264pts
4. Alan O’Sullivan ... (1 win / 2 losses) ... 259pts
5. Niall Waters ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 281pts
6. Damian McEvoy (1 win / 2 losses) ... 238pts
7. Michelle Jackson ... (1 win / 2 losses) ... 217pts
8. Mark O’Regan ... (0 wins / 3 losses) ... 226pts
9. Brian Sullivan ... (3 wins / 0 losses) ... 261pts
10. Sarah Tynan ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 219pts
11. Kevin Jackson ... (3 wins / 0 losses) ... 254pts
12. Kevin O’Sullivan ... (1 win / 2 losses) ... 160pts
13. Tom Drohan ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 223pts
14. Liam T. Davis ... (0 wins / 3 losses) ... 122pts
15. Mark McDonnell ... (2 wins / 1 loss) ... 197pts
16. Sean Lonergan ... (1 win / 2 losses) ... 187pts
17. Finola Jackson ... (1 win / 2 losses) ... 200pts
18. Paul Drury ... (0 wins / 3 losses) ... 171pts

-------------------------------------------------------------------
*Seedings for the evening session based on performances before lunch in the preliminaries.
Last edited by L'oisleatch McGraw on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

***All the CONUNDRA from the day***

Preliminaries
1. LIGHHGIHT
2. YONTSETIM
3. PILLACYYT
4. EFMPREICT
5. UNMOURNCD (we are free to unmourn CD now, as Ann is due to be replaced!)

Quarter-Finals
6. NWATERSBI (for co-event newbie, Niall Waters)
7. IMBSULLEY (for co-event newbie, Brian Sullivan)
8. MOREGANBO (for co-event newbie, Mark O'Regan)

Semi-Finals
9. METITCOME (for Co:Wat novice, Fiona Titcombe)
10. FIRSTDOWN (to celebrate 40 years of CD)
11. INEIGHTYS (to celebrate 40 years of CD)

Finals
12. DECONSTEN (In the next 40 years, will they switch to 10-letter cons?)
13. VORDERSES (Perhaps, they'll clone Carol Vorderman a few times and rotate several Vorderses as co-presenters?)
14. NUMBERSAI (Maybe they'll do away with the Carol/Rachel role, and solve the numbers via AI?)

Grand Final!!!
15. FORFORTEY (to celebrate 40 years of CD)

----------------------------------

***EASTER EGGS and YOUTUBE LINKS***

As stated in the report, there were 3 "Easter eggs" available throughout the day, and they were related to the theme "1982-2022: 40 years of Countdown".
The first Easter Egg ran throughout games #1-#5, and it relates to the conundrums used. What links those first 5 cons?
The 2nd Easter Egg was hidden within games #6 #7 and #8.
The 3rd and final Easter Egg was hidden somewhere in game #9 aka The Grand Final.

Can you work out all 3?
Here are the games on YouTube to help you in your quest:-
GAME #1 (Prelims) [https://youtu.be/vgRucJZP3WA]
GAME #2 (Prelims) [https://youtu.be/G0J_Q6C72KU]
GAME #3 (Prelims) [https://youtu.be/7UeXDGE6dG0]
GAME #4 (Prelims) [https://youtu.be/KtTCkMm_B5Q]
GAME #5 (Prelims) [https://youtu.be/b1CQJPHKKbU]
GAME #6 (QFs) [https://youtu.be/AnOnBTOVX9M]
GAME #7 (SFs) [https://youtu.be/LTyhpIejm4A]
GAME #8 (Finals) [https://youtu.be/8woruISRnCg]
GAME #9 (Grand Final!) [https://youtu.be/3iB6yUBUuiA]

There are some technical faults. i.e. Games 1-4 have no audio. Game 9 has no picture for the first 3 mins, but is fine thereafter.

The TUFF LUCK leader for the day was SARAH, followed closely by Finola and Mark Mc.
The ROCKIEST ROAD was experienced by LIAM, with Mark Mc and Kevin J following similarly tough paths.

For blow by blow details of the individual game scores from each round, and to see some of the photos from the day, they are viewable at this link (assuming you have a facebook account):-

https://www.facebook.com/lamphmusic/pos ... %2CO%2CP-R