Anyone Going To Watch The Superb Owl?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Anyone Going To Watch The Superb Owl?

Post by Marc Meakin »

I don't give a hoot.
Though I may record the half time show
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Anyone Going To Watch The Superb Owl?

Post by Mark James »

I'll watch the highlights package the next day. Don't know how people watch the whole thing. And the half time show is like opening ceremonies. Should be outlawed. If you don't like sport, fine. There's a multitude of other stuff for you to watch. Why they have to shoehorn rubbish light entertainment in to sporting events is beyond me. It's a complete lack of confidence in the entertainment value of your own sport. They don't put a football match on at the halfway point of the Royal Variety Performance just to increase the audience.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

When American football was first on TV here I was quite interested, but the half-time show is a real killer. The game starts at 11:30, it takes them till 01:00 to get to half-time, so there's still an hour and a half to go - and everything stops. That must be bedtime for a lot of people in the UK.

It's a great sport for fast-forwarding though. Three hours of elapsed time, but only 11 minutes on average with the ball in play.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

David Williams wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:02 am When American football was first on TV here I was quite interested, but the half-time show is a real killer. The game starts at 11:30, it takes them till 01:00 to get to half-time, so there's still an hour and a half to go - and everything stops. That must be bedtime for a lot of people in the UK.

It's a great sport for fast-forwarding though. Three hours of elapsed time, but only 11 minutes on average with the ball in play.
Sounds like Countdown.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

David Williams wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:02 am When American football was first on TV here I was quite interested, but the half-time show is a real killer. The game starts at 11:30, it takes them till 01:00 to get to half-time, so there's still an hour and a half to go - and everything stops. That must be bedtime for a lot of people in the UK.

Aye, it's not the best sport for actual activity. A comparison:

American football ~5%
Rugby union ~35%
Ass. football ~50%
Rugby league ~75%
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles