Apterous Workarounds

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Apterous Workarounds

Post by Clare Sudbery »

People may have worked this out for themselves, but just in case...

I'm finding that as long as you don't touch the daily duel, and possibly also avoid playing real people... Apterous is working fine at the mo. If I go anywhere near daily duel, the whole thing dies and i can't get back in again. Similarly when I've played real people. But bots seem quite happy.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Apterous Workarounds

Post by Charlie Reams »

This is probably a useful thread to have. But it should be pointed out that 6 people have successfully completed the duel today (including Clare!) and no one has had it crash on them. If you do suffer a crash, please email me and I'll try to sort it out so you can have another go, although I can't promise anything.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

Ha yes, I tried the duel after I posted this.

So... um... yes. It was after I had a game with a bot though. The last few days, every time, I've tried the duel as soon as I arrived, and everything hung beyond retrieval. Didn't want to bother you with it while you were having a rest though.

Not enough evidence here for concrete conclusions. [shrugs]
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

The obvious thing I can think of to mention here is that it works better with Java v6.7 as opposed to v6.11.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles