Countdown Out-takes....

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Countdown Out-takes....

Post by Katherine Birkett »

Anyone got a favourite blooper or out-take from the programme?

From one PG-certificate word to one that is definitely 15-rated, I give you: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h_V-ZmbX8
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Countdown Out-takes....

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Katherine Birkett wrote:Anyone got a favourite blooper or out-take from the programme?

From one PG-certificate word to one that is definitely 15-rated, I give you: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h_V-ZmbX8
One of the best bloopers included the swear word GOBSHITE and then you go back to Carol and she has put DOGSHITE up on the board as well (even though it's not allowed :P). It was on YouTube but I can't find it.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Mine is a tie!

My two favorites are the FART blooper, and when the audience went into complete hysterics after Richard Whiteley mistakenly announcing that a contestant was a "lavatory assistant."
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Apologies, I've just noticed that there IS a thread for these already. I spent ages looking for all the usual words "goofs", "outtakes" etc. before finally starting my new thread - never thought about the hyphen! Qualifies for my very own blooper I suppose.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Derek Hazell wrote:Apologies, I've just noticed that there IS a thread for these already. I spent ages looking for all the usual words "goofs", "outtakes" etc. before finally starting my new thread - never thought about the hyphen! Qualifies for my very own blooper I suppose.
http://www.thecountdownpage.com/final10.htm - good enough for Harvey Freeman I suppose.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Gavin Chipper wrote:http://www.thecountdownpage.com/final10.htm - good enough for Harvey Freeman I suppose.
Hehe, thanks Gevin. I feel better now.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Fascinating to read about the time in 1989 when more than a dozen shows had to be re-filmed because of complaints from epileptics about the use of red and white letters. Not all of the original participants were available, so it affected the outcome of the shows a bit.

There are also other good stories, to do with coughing etc. Plus the famous "MILLENIUM" conundrum that has been mentioned before.
That's the third time I've mentioned Damian's book now - I should be getting advertising fees!
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

I'm not sure if this counts as a blooper but at the recording I was at on Tuesday Susie was going to put 'anima' on the pencam. Fortunately she realised in time that the word immediately above it is 'anilingus' :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

My favourite blooper is where a contestant declares the word 'erection' and the DC person raises his left eyebrow without realising it that clip is available on youtube if you are interested. :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

After winning the final of series 61, when I lifted the trophy, I was unaware that the lid was loose on top of it, and it flew off. The audience and the whole crew dissolved into hysterics. I was mortified, but it was really funny - definitely funny enough for an out-takes show.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Chris Davies wrote:After winning the final of series 61, when I lifted the trophy, I was unaware that the lid was loose on top of it, and it flew off. The audience and the whole crew dissolved into hysterics. I was mortified, but it was really funny - definitely funny enough for an out-takes show.
I did the same thing, I reckon the cunts do it deliberately.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

The Gotcha blooper was a classic when everybody in the building knew what was going except RW..and also when a contestant declares the word erection..th DC guy raises his left eyebrow unaware that he is actually doing it. :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover