Question for Ian Volante re- The Mad Hatters

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

David Gunn
Rookie

Question for Ian Volante re- The Mad Hatters

Post by David Gunn »

Ian, are you, or have you been, a member of a pub quiz team called The Mad Hatters?
If so, I've played against you, but I won't go into details yet as it may all be irrelevant.
I meant to ask this a couple of months ago when I saw your old avatar, & Location, but was reminded of it when you mentioned Mastermind recently.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Question for Ian Volante re- The Mad Hatters

Post by Ian Volante »

Nope, that's not me! I usually only present quizzes these days. Which pub would that be?

EDIT: Unless it was a one-off, which is entirely possible. I get drafted into friends' teams on occasion.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
David Gunn
Rookie

Post by David Gunn »

I don't remember the name of the pub, but it was in Livingston. I was there on business for 2 days, so stayed one night, during which there was a quiz.
The winning team were The Mad Hatters and they all wore "silly hats". When I saw your old avatar with the jester's hat, which seemed to be taken in a pub, as well as the fact that you're in Edinburgh, I thought it was worth asking.
Never mind, thanks for your reply.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

David Gunn wrote:I don't remember the name of the pub, but it was in Livingston. I was there on business for 2 days, so stayed one night, during which there was a quiz.
The winning team were The Mad Hatters and they all wore "silly hats". When I saw your old avatar with the jester's hat, which seemed to be taken in a pub, as well as the fact that you're in Edinburgh, I thought it was worth asking.
Never mind, thanks for your reply.
I've luckily never been to a pub in Livingston :)

The silly hat avatar was at a party!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles