End of an era

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Steve Groves

End of an era

Post by Steve Groves »

Don't know about you but can't wait to get rid of the useless O'Connor. What with having to be spoon fed A4 size paper with size 36 font words he has never been able to deliver a joke all the time he has had a hole in his arse. His mumbling and ramblings have been an embarassment and the best place for him is a rest home where he can be looked after.

As for rent a gob Vordeman or the dictionary definition of "irritating" nobody is going to miss the flick of her hair, followed by her look into the monitor on the numbers game. In fact I always used to say, instead of the six numbers flick,monitor, flick,flick,monitor,monitor and then reach for the bucket as she can't resist to show off. I'm willing to bet that she'll next be seen on TV in next years "I'm a Celebrity...." with other Z rated people having got no offers of TV work to speak off. Good riddance.

I'm glad Susie is staying and I'm sure Jeff and Rachel will see the ratings rise.
Jennifer Turner
Acolyte

Re: End of an era

Post by Jennifer Turner »

< corby >Ooooh, you bitter, jealous, twisted woman, you.< /corby >

Regrettably, Vorderman will probably get lots of TV offers over the next year. Hopefully she'll take the absurdly overoptimistic exclusive deal with UK Noviewers, like Richard and Judy before her. As for Des, I wonder whether he's even up to it anymore. Last Friday, at the end of a quarter final, he seemed to have not the foggiest idea that the finals phase would continue on Monday until Carol told him. It reminds me of Bob Holness getting absent-minded during the 90s run of "Call My Bluff", a series of lapses which was later discovered to have been the result of a series of mini-strokes. Des is 77 next month, so it's not entirely unexpected that he would be losing his mind. He is doddery, doddery he is.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jennifer Turner wrote:< corby >Ooooh, you bitter, jealous, twisted woman, you.< /corby >

Regrettably, Vorderman will probably get lots of TV offers over the next year. Hopefully she'll take the absurdly overoptimistic exclusive deal with UK Noviewers, like Richard and Judy before her. As for Des, I wonder whether he's even up to it anymore. Last Friday, at the end of a quarter final, he seemed to have not the foggiest idea that the finals phase would continue on Monday until Carol told him. It reminds me of Bob Holness getting absent-minded during the 90s run of "Call My Bluff", a series of lapses which was later discovered to have been the result of a series of mini-strokes. Des is 77 next month, so it's not entirely unexpected that he would be losing his mind. He is doddery, doddery he is.
You are jealous, bitter, twisted and menopausal.

I didn't even read what you said.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Actually on balance, I've read it and that wasn't so bad. I mean, it's still drivel, but it sounds like you might be over it in about twenty years after all.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Des O was far better than Des L for me. I think complaining about not being able to deliver a joke is a bit silly given the 'quality' of the things that he gets given to read out. I quite enjoy the bumbling granddad thing, indeed, I was under the impression that a great deal of the pleasure taken from Whiteley's reign was from his getting things mixed up/confused/wrong (cf. the clip they showed in tribute).

I'm going to stop now, though, feeding trolls, etc.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Michael Wallace wrote:Des O was far better than Des L for me. I think complaining about not being able to deliver a joke is a bit silly given the 'quality' of the things that he gets given to read out. I quite enjoy the bumbling granddad thing, indeed, I was under the impression that a great deal of the pleasure taken from Whiteley's reign was from his getting things mixed up/confused/wrong (cf. the clip they showed in tribute).

I'm going to stop now, though, feeding trolls, etc.
I was starting to feel like the only person on the forum who found Des O endearing.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Steve, who are you?

And how dare you say that about Des O'Connor!
John Bradley

Post by John Bradley »

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone....as they say. It has been a good couple of weeks though - good guests and a bit of craic.

Des O is on every TV programme at the min flogging his album and he ain't doddery, doddery he is not.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

What a load of shit. Crawl back up your arse Steve.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

You are so right, John!

Des O'Connor is great!