A couple of media mentions

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

A couple of media mentions

Post by Howard Somerset »

I've seen / heard two media mentions today.

Firstly, my paper this morning reported that Des and Carol have recorded their final programme, and that it is to be broadcast on 12th December, which is one week prior to the date that we'd earlier heard.

Secondly, I was listening to my local radio this afternoon (something I rarely do, but I was stuck in a traffic jam and wanted to know why). At four o'clock they announced that Des O'Connor would be the guest on the programme on Monday next, and would be live in the studio. Possibly he's going to be talking about his experience on Countdown. Probably not of much use to many here, but it'll be whatever programme is on BBC Radio Stoke and finishes at 4 o'clock. If possible, I'll tune in on Monday.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: A couple of media mentions

Post by Charlie Reams »

Howard Somerset wrote:Firstly, my paper this morning reported that Des and Carol have recorded their final programme, and that it is to be broadcast on 12th December, which is one week prior to the date that we'd earlier heard.
For once, though, the paper was correct; the final will be broadcast on 12 December.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Thanks for that confirmation, Charlie. Nice to know that The Times does get some things right. :)
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:Firstly, my paper this morning reported that Des and Carol have recorded their final programme, and that it is to be broadcast on 12th December, which is one week prior to the date that we'd earlier heard.
For once, though, the paper was correct; the final will be broadcast on 12 December.
That's just under a month away :(

So does everyone who got invited to that party then, know who the replacements are?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Yes. (Sheds tears.)