Ticket Procedures

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Aaron

Ticket Procedures

Post by Aaron »

I'm an American who is a big fan of game shows and Countdown (and am new on this board). If I'm ever in England, I want to see the show live. Not wanting to waste a journey to Leeds, I have a few questions.

1. How much do tickets to Countdown cost,
2. Do they guarantee admittance,
and 3. If a ticket does not guarantee admittance, what is the best way to get a seat in the studio?

I've been to a few American game shows, and while tickets were free, they did not guarantee admittance, meaning you could wait in line for hours and not get in. If I'm going to be on another continent, I don't want that to happen.
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Re: Ticket Procedures

Post by Debbi Flack »

Hi Aaron, welcome to the board.
Below is the details of the audience co-ordinator for Countdown. Tickets are free and, as far as I know, guarantee entrance. Nick is very helpful and I'm sure would be willing to answer any questions you have.

Nicholas Charlwood | Audience Co-ordinator | 3sixtymedia Limited | Quay Street Manchester M60 9EA
t:0161 952 0408 | e:Nicholas.Charlwood@ITV.com | http://www.the-manchester-studios.tv

Hope that helps.

Debbi
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

DebbiF wrote:Tickets are free and, as far as I know, guarantee entrance.
Yep. If you're quick you might get tickets for Championship of Champions!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Thank you all. I can't make CoC XIII, but maybe sometime in 2009. I probably should wait to see if I like the new host!