Spoilers For Monday September 21st 2015

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday September 21st 2015

Post by James Robinson »

Another week begins, and yet again it's another incomplete week for us, as the horse racing interrupts our viewing pleasure on Friday. :(

But, hopefully we'll have 4 days of Thomas Carey to entertain us. His 2 wins at the end of last week were certainly emphatic enough. More of the same please :!: ;) :) :D

Incidentally, he's not the only Apterite taking part this week. Adam Curran will be on tomorrow, and Brendan Duke will be making his second début on Thursday (after losing by a single point in the Des Lynam era just under 10 years ago).

Jon Culshaw is in DC today, but for the rest of the week we have the adventurer, Sir Ranulph Fiennes with us.

Join Andy for the recap later. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday September 21st 2015

Post by Johnny Canuck »

How late into the year does horse racing go? Slightly surprised the weather would still be good enough.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Johnny Canuck wrote:How late into the year does horse racing go? Slightly surprised the weather would still be good enough.
Pretty much all year round, Johnny. They now have all-weather tracks at some courses to counter the threat of rain...
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

James Robinson wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:How late into the year does horse racing go? Slightly surprised the weather would still be good enough.
Pretty much all year round, Johnny. They now have all-weather tracks at some courses to counter the threat of rain...
The threat of having too much fun watching Countdown, more like.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

GABOONS in round 8
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Jack Worsley wrote:GABOONS in round 8
Really? Another miss?

Not happy with this game, missed a lot of gettable stuff - DIPOLAR was a chicken (I did AS chem ffs) and R1 would have been perfect for 7s that I'd just learned then - GIMLETS, LOGIEST, EGOTISM and ESTOILE which was practically spelt out. Had tons of 6s, wanted to declare 7 for some reason, there you go. Oh well, was the end of the day.
cheers maus