Random Stuff

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Random Stuff

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Here you can just talk about Countdown stuff without having to open a new topic. Give it a try!

Please? :( :shock: :cry:
Last edited by Kai Laddiman on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Re: Random Stuff

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Okay, I'll try something random...

wouldn't be awesome if there was a Countdown game on the Nintendo DS? Then you could literally play all day long, wherever you are. The DS has just about everything else and I'm sure it'd sell loads.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:Okay, I'll try something random...

wouldn't be awesome if there was a Countdown game on the Nintendo DS? Then you could literally play all day long, wherever you are. The DS has just about everything else and I'm sure it'd sell loads.
Gee, that would be pretty immense, especially on Wi-Fi. Brilliant idea! It's on its way to Nintendo as we speak. ;)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Happy birthday to Countdown - 26 years old today. Long may it shall live.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

My dog is sick :( Which is Countdown-related in the sense that I have been on Countdown, and I own the dog, and the dog is sick. :(
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jon O'Neill wrote:My dog is sick :( Which is Countdown-related in the sense that I have been on Countdown, and I own the dog, and the dog is sick. :(
And it's an anagram of god, and we love those discussions.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:My dog is sick :( Which is Countdown-related in the sense that I have been on Countdown, and I own the dog, and the dog is sick. :(
And it's an anagram of god, and we love those discussions.
Sorry but I find this really insensitive. We are talking Wilfred II to the vets at 4 o'clock GMT. I will let everyone know how he gets on.

Dog bless.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Happy birthday to Countdown - 26 years old today. Long may it shall live.
Happy 26th Birthday to Countdown :)

I would prefer it on the PSP :D, although I do have a DS as well.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

You know you get "vegetarians" that eat fish? Well I'm an atheist.

Cod bless.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Have just taken Wilfred II to the vets. They're going to run some blood tests and take it from there. Apparently he wasn't very happy when she tried to touch his abdomen, and nor would I have been. It got a little ugly when she put a thermometre up his bum, but Rolf Harris assures me it's going to be fine.

Thye're phoning back with the blood test results in an hour.
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

Gavin Chipper wrote:You know you get "vegetarians" that eat fish? Well I'm an atheist.

Cod bless.
I am an atheist too and there is no cod - or dog, for that matter.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Does an agnostic, insomniac, Countdowner lay in bed at night wondering if there's a dog?
tonywarren
Rookie

Post by tonywarren »

Does an agnostic, insomniac, Countdowner lay in bed at night wondering if there's a dog?

Only if he's dyslexic
Who says Morris dancing ain't cool...
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

tonywarren wrote:Does an agnostic, insomniac, Countdowner lay in bed at night wondering if there's a dog?

Only if he's dyslexic
Err....dog is the correct spelling of the canine animal. Conor was spot on with what he said - the Countdowner bit covers the apparent dyslexia.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Is the poster on here who calls himself Kai Laddiman the person who was on Countdown with the same name? :?

And why has the real Kai been paired with a Priest on CofC? Isn't this just asking for trouble?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Conor wrote:Does an agnostic, insomniac, Countdowner lay in bed at night wondering if there's a dog?
Yes but first they must list the anagrams of AGNOSTIC.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Chris Corby wrote:Is the poster on here who calls himself Kai Laddiman the person who was on Countdown with the same name? :?
Yep.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Chris Corby wrote:
And why has the real Kai been paired with a Priest on CofC? Isn't this just asking for trouble?

:lol:
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Kai, if you appear on another game show in the near future, here's hoping you're as lucky as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpMuiYNa3Xo
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Chris Corby wrote:Is the poster on here who calls himself Kai Laddiman the person who was on Countdown with the same name? :?
Yep.
Thanks Charlie, it was just that he writes things far in advance of his tender years................
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

What a coincidence. My completely made up username as some relevance to the randomly picked picture. Wow.
Last edited by Kai Laddiman on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Kai, if you could appear on any other game show in the world, what game show would you appear on?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kai Laddiman wrote:What a coincedence. My completely made up username as some relevance to the randomly picked picture. Wow.
Yeah, like the made-up Richard Brittain who had a picture of Richard Brittain as his avatar.

Don't get smart, kid.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Jason Larsen wrote:Kai, if you could appear on any other game show in the world, what game show would you appear on?
My guess is Stars in their Eyes Kids, so long as Matthew Kelly isn't running it.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jason Larsen wrote:Kai, if you appear on another game show in the near future, here's hoping you're as lucky as this guy:

I don't know why I bothered to watch this. But I would recommend people skip to 5 minutes 30 and watch the start of the showcase. It's *bizarre*.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Jon Corby wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:What a coincedence. My completely made up username as some relevance to the randomly picked picture. Wow.
Yeah, like the made-up Richard Brittain who had a picture of Richard Brittain as his avatar.

Don't get smart, kid.
See what I mean? Is this the language of an 11 year old?

Edit: No. I have just remembered that my son is in fact over 30
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Chris Corby wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:

Don't get smart, kid.
See what I mean? Is this the language of an 11 year old?

Edit: No. I have just remembered that my son is in fact over 30
I know, soz, I spelt 'coincidence' wrong.
Jason 'Mr Jason' Larsen wrote: Kai, if you appear on another game show in the near future, here's hoping you're as lucky as this guy:

Is that Bruce Forswyth?
Peter Dunwoody

Post by Peter Dunwoody »

Totally. Especially now the electronic game is unavailable.

I used to work in WH Smith, and one electronic Countdown game was sitting on the clearance shelf for ages, and I kept toying with myself as to whether to buy it or not. On the day I eventually decided to get it and had got the money with me it had gone.

I bet people guessed the outcome to that story well before the end :roll:
Peter Dunwoody

Post by Peter Dunwoody »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Jason 'Mr Jason' Larsen wrote: Kai, if you appear on another game show in the near future, here's hoping you're as lucky as this guy:

Is that Bruce Forswyth?
Yep. He's let himself go a bit hasn't he.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Peter Dunwoody wrote: I used to work in WH Smith, and one electronic Countdown game was sitting on the clearance shelf for ages, and I kept toying with myself as to whether to buy it or not. On the day I eventually decided to get it and had got the money with me it had gone.
They probably did you a favour, the electronic game was awful. The selections were almost always ridiculously nasty (Jono recalled on the podcast a round in which his opponent had M and he had a winner with HM), the solver takes ages to run and the numbers methods were really annoying to enter.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Peter Dunwoody wrote:

I used to work in WH Smith, and one electronic Countdown game was sitting on the clearance shelf for ages, and I kept toying with myself as to whether to buy it or not. On the day I eventually decided to get it and had got the money with me it had gone.

Ebay - that's where I got mine. I'd have to agree that it's a bit annoying, I used it for journeys and stuff but played mainly numbers.
Peter Dunwoody

Post by Peter Dunwoody »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Peter Dunwoody wrote: I used to work in WH Smith, and one electronic Countdown game was sitting on the clearance shelf for ages, and I kept toying with myself as to whether to buy it or not. On the day I eventually decided to get it and had got the money with me it had gone.
They probably did you a favour, the electronic game was awful. The selections were almost always ridiculously nasty (Jono recalled on the podcast a round in which his opponent had M and he had a winner with HM), the solver takes ages to run and the numbers methods were really annoying to enter.
Ah yes I suppose those little electronic games of quiz shows are notoriously bad.

Both my Deal or No Deal game and my Wheel of Fortune one are lying smashed in the middle of the M2 somewhere.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Peter Dunwoody wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Ah yes I suppose those little electronic games of quiz shows are notoriously bad.

Both my Deal or No Deal game and my Wheel of Fortune one are lying smashed in the middle of the M2 somewhere.
My Deal or No Deal DVD is also lying smashed in the middle of a motorway somewhere, but I bought it for that reason.
Kate Horton
Rookie

Post by Kate Horton »

Peter Dunwoody wrote:

...it's still in the Argos catalogue aka The laminated Book of Dreams
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I know, soz, I spelt 'coincidence' wrong.
What a koinsidense - so did I.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Ben, the only thing I know about Stars in Their Eyes is that Cat Deeley was a host on it.

She is now in the US, and she just might be the host of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire in daytime next year because the current host is too busy hosting The Today Show, which is an early-morning news show.

And Kai, that is not Bruce Forsyth in my clip. Remember this name. That is the absolutely futuristically venerable DREEEEEEEEEEEEW CAREEEEEEEEEEY! He was on the US version of Whose Line is it Anyway, which has since been canceled. However, you can still watch it in reruns on your days off from school on Channel 5 US at noon. You will be laughing your head off when you see Drew! He is a very funny man!
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

How do you pronounce all of those E's?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Just read this...
Wikip_Eadie_A wrote:Laddiman is the second youngest Octochamp ever, behind Allan Saldanha
Curse you, Saldanha!
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

It's "Droo Carie" with a long e. Drew is a very funny man, Kai and I think you would be able to handle his mature humor!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

(RANDOM POST)
only david o'donnell may understand this but my surname is monaghan and monaghan is a county in ireland!! (and i live in ireland-but in county down not monaghan)

what a COINCIDENCE! (a proper coincidence kai)