Countdowners in the news

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Countdowners in the news

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 am Rachel Riley has made the news for her Tweet about the Sydney stabbings. It is also unfortunate for her that people are putting her in the same bracket as Julia Hartley-Brewer. Because whatever one thinks of Rachel Riley, this isn't something you'd wish on anyone.
They've tempered that slightly, I'm positive when I first read that story they simply referred to it (repeatedly) as her "racist tweet".
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 am Rachel Riley has made the news for her Tweet about the Sydney stabbings. It is also unfortunate for her that people are putting her in the same bracket as Julia Hartley-Brewer. Because whatever one thinks of Rachel Riley, this isn't something you'd wish on anyone.
They've tempered that slightly, I'm positive when I first read that story they simply referred to it (repeatedly) as her "racist tweet".
You're right. It did.
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Post by John Garcia »

Blaming the Sydney attack on Palestinians and their supporters (in the middle of a genocide) is pretty sick to say the least.
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Post by John Garcia »

Here she is whipping up more hatred against Palestinians:

https://twitter.com/StevePowers_/status ... 9529047461

"We now know that there was a pregnant woman, who had her belly cut open and the baby was removed from her stomach and beheaded in front of her. There's videos of this. ... I know many people who have seen it. These videos are in existence."

History will judge her as a pernicious propagandist for Zionism.