COGST Plate final - Reams vs. Gardner

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

COGST Plate final - Reams vs. Gardner

Post by Martin Gardner »

Just to say that the Plate final is tonight at 7pm on Apterous i.e. in one hour and 18 minutes, if you're reading this less than a minute after I post it, anyway! A recap will be appearing in this thread when the game's finished.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: COGST Plate final - Reams vs. Gardner

Post by Charlie Reams »

Lucky you reminded me, I'm still at work.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kicking off any minute, so come and spectate now if you're interested!
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=6652

We're still having a debate about TINKLER as we think it might actually be a dictionary error as it's been allowed before on Apterous... can anyone look at this?
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Martin Gardner wrote:http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=6652

We're still having a debate about TINKLER as we think it might actually be a dictionary error as it's been allowed before on Apterous... can anyone look at this?
Not in ODE2r as far as I can tell, certainly not anywhere near the entry for TINKLE, that's for sure.

And well done Martin- snapping Charlie's winning streak for repechage/ratings prizes. Ah well, at least he has current national fame to comfort him... ;)
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

Looks like it was a good game - well done Martin, commiserations Charlie
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Martin Gardner wrote:http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=6652

TINKLER was wrongly allowed on TV fairly recently, Martin, that's probably where you'll have remembered it from. I remember a post from Corby saying "wtf?? They gave [contestant X] 7 points for TINKLER?? It's not in"

But yes well done Martin, you seemed extremely focused throughout the competition and I had a hunch you would go all the way (oo er missus etc.)