CO:LON 2014

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

CO:LON 2014

Post by Ciaran McCarthy »

Hello everyone

I found out i was passed the audition on last Thursday (7th Nov) and waiting to hear for filming dates anyway, I am really would love to meet former countdown contestants and join the community to share the experience about the show and general :) i wondering if anyone know that CO:LON will happening soon either this year or next year because it is very easy for me to travel to London?

Please let me know as soon as its possible.

Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: CO:LON 2014

Post by Jon Corby »

The dudes who ran CO:LON have moved to Canada so they certainly won't be organising another one, it remains to be seen whether anyone else will pick up the mantle. There have been other London-based events though (such as Co:bliviLon) but frankly, if you can get to London no problem then you can hop on the train with loads (well, three or four) of us and get to Lincoln in January. It's the original (maybe, I don't actually know), biggestest and bestest tournament and covers a whole weekend of Countdowning and drunken debauchery. And the travel/accommodation is dead cheap too if you do it right (not like Gevin).
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Jon Corby wrote:It's the original (maybe, I don't actually know),
There've been open days at the Edinburgh Countdown Club before but it's the first tourney to be branded Co-place name so it's original in that way. :)
Jon Corby wrote:biggestest and bestest tournament
Aww, thanks :D
Jon Corby wrote:and covers a whole weekend of Countdowning and drunken debauchery. And the travel/accommodation is dead cheap too if you do it right (not like Gevin).
January 25th and/or 26th 2014, in case you were wondering. There's also usually a healthy contingent of Countdowners from the Milton Keynes area which is just down the road from Bedford. :)

As for Co:Lon, it would be a damn shame if there wasn't an event in the capital next year. Fortunately, there are people looking into it. 8-)
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Milton Keynes on 26th January?? that is perfect location to me! :D

Please send me for details :)
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Jon

Sadly, Lincoln is too far away for me but when is CO:blivion will be happened? i am considering to going over there
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Is milton keynes the all nighter? I definitely recall at cobliv that there was going to be another all nighter just Ann/Amie wasn't organising it and it wasn't in london