Series 22 Final September 1991

Any recaps from older series should be posted here. This forum is unlikely to contain spoilers, but recaps may contain "forward references" if they are written much later, so approach with caution.

Moderator: James Robinson

Chris Waddington

Series 22 Final September 1991

Post by Chris Waddington »

Does anyone remember my Final in 1991 ? I suppose it had the right ingredients for an exciting Final. It all went to the final Conundrum. I was behind as the Conundrum appeared; TOMCRUISE. After 28-29 Seconds, I got the answer COSTUMIER. As I pressed the button, I became aware of my opponent, Robert Teuton, falling back in his chair. He obviously thought he was so close to winning, but it was not to be. I played Robert again in the Champion of Champions, and was fortunate enough to win again. Robert was great, and we had a drink together in the Hotel. If anyone wants to email me direct, my address is c.waddington2@btinternet.com
Last edited by Chris Waddington on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: Series 21 Final September 1991

Post by Martin Gardner »

If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Mike Brown
Legend

Re: Series 21 Final September 1991

Post by Mike Brown »

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. I don't suppose you know what the scramble for the other conundrum (BLOODSHOT) in your final was?
Chris Waddington

Re: Series 22 Final September 1991

Post by Chris Waddington »

I think it came up as HOBOSDOLT
Richard Priest
Devotee

Re: Series 22 Final September 1991

Post by Richard Priest »

I remember the games with Robert very well. Felt so sorry for him after the series 22 final, talk about cruel luck. In fact the Tournoff-Gallen series 52 final put me in mind of that game i.e. loser denied at very last gasp.