Spoilers for Friday 23rd April 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 23rd April 2010

Post by Howard Somerset »

Rich Priest wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:apologise rather sheepishly to Howard and Rich who were somewhat rashly coming along to support me. :oops:
Phil - please don't worry about it.We knew your debut was the last game the day before and therefore that we weren't guaranteed to get to see you play.It was good to meet you at the studios nonetheless and an enjoyable game to watch today.Bad luck once again.
Totally agree. We knew there was a risk that we wouldn't see you in action. But we did have the consolation of sitting with you in the audience for the next couple of games.

Just watched the game this morning, and yes, you certainly did seem evenly matched. Shame about that first numbers game. My thought process was pretty well the same as yours, until the final few seconds when I returned to 10, 9, 8, 1 to try to make 12, and got it just as the clock stopped. But then I was in a much more comfortably position of sitting over my coffee. You turned the tables on me in the final numbers game, which I totally cocked up, thus cumming from behind to beat me by four.

I know we talked about the game the following day, so I knew some of what to expect, and it fully lived up to expectations. Well done, but commiserations.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

lol moment yesterday in round 2 when I spotted OUBAAS and Emma thought I said Boobahs :roll:
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Howard Somerset wrote:thus cumming from behind
:o :o
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Not quite sure if you (or Rich Priest) got my piss-take regarding Kate Richardson, but I know Phil did :)
I got it :)
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

Howard Somerset wrote: ..10, 9, 8, 1 to try to make 12,.
A handy idea in that sort of situation - adding all gives 28: 16 too many, so subtract the 8 instead - simples :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

IT'S ALL WELL AND GOOD TELLING HIM NOW, PETER! :x
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Peter Mabey wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote: ..10, 9, 8, 1 to try to make 12
A handy idea in that sort of situation - adding all gives 28: 16 too many, so subtract the 8 instead - simples
LOL at the idea that I would have somehow had the presence of mind to do that but not to see that 10 + 1 + (9 - 8) = 12.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Ah, I've been two days behind and wondered why this episode/edition/show had got so many spoiler postings, and now I know, having watched. Great entertainment ... I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Sorry for you Phil, but an excellent contest, so congratulations to both of you for producing such good TV.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Brian Moore wrote:Ah, I've been two days behind and wondered why this episode/edition/show had got so many spoiler postings, and now I know, having watched. Great entertainment ... I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Sorry for you Phil, but an excellent contest, so congratulations to both of you for producing such good TV.
+1, only just caught up last night. You came across really well Phil and it was a high-quality game. There but for the grace of God and all that.