Numbers Attack Tournament - Round 5

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Numbers Attack Tournament - Round 5

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:Apologies, neglected to post this until now for no particular reason other than making you all think I'm uninterested and cool. That gets the girls apparently.

Division B. 'Final'
James Hall 135 - 138 Matt Morrison

Didn't really feel much like it at the time considering the relatively low score, but I guess this was a pretty good game in terms of being close and exciting.

6 rounds in, I was 17 points down after some solid efforts from James. Round 7 was a nightmare, I was a bit knobbed out about the points I'd dropped and decided to end round early 1 away on 193 (stupid in itself considering 194 wasn't hard), but due to force of habit I instinctively clicked the target itself a moment before clicking end round early, so dropped a further 7 points behind to James' 193. After 7 rounds, 4 had been scored with beatable methods.

The hit-and-miss start continued into a dodgy middle for both, shitty misdeclarations and frustrating misses. I put in a run of 8 in a row in which James missed one he'll kick himself over (r15).
4 behind for the final round and never ahead in the whole match, one of my classic 6-small-but-it's-ok-cos-it's-got-a-ten-in-it technical picks won it for me.

That final round also wasn't a max, and as James was playing from a slow hotel connection (props to him for that and hope it didn't affect his game too much), there was a huge pause after the round ended early where I had to sit in silence expecting James to be entering his better solution, only for the window to pop up for me to enter my method. Phew.
Apart from those stressful circumstances, it was fun winning on a non-max as it was only a few weeks ago I had respected numbers man Jim Bentley spewing obscenities at me because I was pissing him off by scoring on so many 'safe' declarations. Mwu haha.
Well done to you both, and to Matt for winning. Now I think you should go and challenge Innis to a game.

(I looked at round 20 and got it straight away! :mrgreen:)
Stuart Arnot
Acolyte

Post by Stuart Arnot »

Will the final standings be published?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Stuart Arnot wrote:Will the final standings be published?
How To Make A "Hurry Up Please Charlie" Message Sound Polite, by Stuart Arnot.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'm giving people a few extra days to get their games. Games unplayed by midnight tonight will be adjudicated.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Charlie Reams wrote:I'm giving people a few extra days to get their games. Games unplayed by midnight tonight will be adjudicated.
Me & James started last night and should be done by tonight.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:I'm giving people a few extra days to get their games. Games unplayed by midnight tonight will be adjudicated.
Me & James started last night and should be done by tonight.
...And it finished 134-111 to me in a tough match. Well played James. :)