Talk a bit about yourself

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Re: Talk a bit about yourself

Post by Jason Larsen »

How nice, Martin!
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:In the apparent absence of anyone less salubrious round here, I'll make the suggestion that he just wants in your pants.
Well didn't he just break up with his girlfriend?
Yeah I was drunk when I wrote that, but I stand by it.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Being the media whore that I am, I took part in a promo video for a new business networking website, The Wealth Team, a few weeks ago. A teaser for the video has just appeared on the site. Amusingly, before you click the play button, you get an image of my face with the words 'Wealth Tease' emblazoned across the top. Arf.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Being the media whore that I am, I took part in a promo video for a new business networking website, The Wealth Team, a few weeks ago. A teaser for the video has just appeared on the site. Amusingly, before you click the play button, you get an image of my face with the words 'Wealth Tease' emblazoned across the top. Arf.
Nice stuff Phil as ever. How do you get this work - friend of a friend setting up the website? Anyway, sadly I didn't get the "wealth tease" over your face - only showed up at the end of the video where Youtube shows the title and some other related vids.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:How do you get this work - friend of a friend setting up the website?
In this particular case, a friend setting up the site and a friend of said friend producing the video.
Anyway, sadly I didn't get the "wealth tease" over your face - only showed up at the end of the video where Youtube shows the title and some other related vids.
Oh. Wonder why? It's not superimposed over my face, but above it, in the top left corner of the frame. It's obviously something to do with the way YouTube displays videos in an embedded player, because if I view it directly on YouTube, the video starts playing immediately and I don't get the initial freeze-frame with the superimposed play button and title.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Oh. Wonder why? It's not superimposed over my face, but above it, in the top left corner of the frame.
Interestingly, went back to the page and it now IS there. First time I only had the play button, no title.
Not to worry then, must have been a YouTube glitch my end the first time (absolutely no way in hell it was there and I didn't see it ;) ).