Who Gets Your Vote?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

In the next election I am going to vote for

Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2009 9:13 am

Keeping Labour in
5%
Conservative
9%
Liberal Democrats
27%
Green
14%
UKIP
9%
BNP
5%
The Jury Team
No votes
SNP
No votes
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other (please specify)
No votes
I will deface my paper
5%
I will not vote at all as not interested
14%
I will not vote at all as too young
14%

Total votes: 22

Chris Corby
Devotee

Re: Who Gets Your Vote?

Post by Chris Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Chris Corby wrote:(b) It's not fair that one person should have all that property (Labour)
Clearly you have not been following Labour too closely since July '94!
Don't agree. Blair adopted Tory policies to get elected. It worked for over ten years. It is now starting to fade and the "rich" are beginning to get clobbered with the hike in top rate tax and NI contributions. During the recent party conference season, did you listen to any of the grass roots of the party talking, including union bosses? There was a return to the old talk of soaking the rich and moans that the gap between rich and poor had increased under New Labour with accompanying howls of indignation.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Chris Corby wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Chris Corby wrote:(b) It's not fair that one person should have all that property (Labour)
Clearly you have not been following Labour too closely since July '94!
Don't agree. Blair adopted Tory policies to get elected. It worked for over ten years. It is now starting to fade and the "rich" are beginning to get clobbered with the hike in top rate tax and NI contributions. During the recent party conference season, did you listen to any of the grass roots of the party talking, including union bosses? There was a return to the old talk of soaking the rich and moans that the gap between rich and poor had increased under New Labour with accompanying howls of indignation.
But all the time that gap was increasing, were they doing anything about it? Well, that's not a simple question to answer, but as quickly as the poorest have been bumped up towards the poverty line, the top earners have severely fucked off into the distance, via a tax haven or three.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »