Apterous has raped Countdown

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Apterous has raped Countdown

Post by Matthew Green »

I don't really watch the show anymore and I vowed to stay away from this forum but even I was shocked to read that Jack Hurst scored 946 in one show.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/10/25/ ... -record%2F
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Re: Apterous has raped Countdown

Post by Lesley Hines »

Daily Mail reader wrote:So the highest in the series is 133, the record before was 114, and now he has NINE HUNDRED and 46?

Are you sure you don't mean 146? Surely it's impossible to get so many points in countdown due to the way the points are awarded and the number of rounds?

- Steve, London, 25/10/2010 8:31

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z13PDjG6GZ
Haha Steve from London - you are Matthew Green! Totally outed :lol:

If you haven't read any of these comments they're hilarious. Karen, since everyone in Bromsgrove knows everyone else (natch) can you please tell "Wilf" that actually, we do like a smartarse. We don't like people who criticise when they can't do it themselves. ;) :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Some hack wrote:On Friday's episode, his eighth and final appearance on the show, he scored a massive 946 points
Hmmm...
Some hack wrote:'After Wednesday's show a producer told me I only needed 114 points in the last two shows to get the record.
Hmmm...
Some hack wrote:Jack beat research scientist Jaonathan Welti on Friday's show with words such as 'potatoes', 'petunias' and 'idolise'.
Not exactly his most exciting offerings although I imagine these were the best of Jack's words that she could spell?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Lesley Hines wrote: Karen, since everyone in Bromsgrove knows everyone else (natch) can you please tell "Wilf" that actually, we do like a smartarse. We don't like people who criticise when they can't do it themselves. ;) :lol:
Had exactly the same thought myself! Can't be too hard to track him down so consider it sorted!!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

It appears that comments made on this article are being vetted prior to being shown. Shame.

I feel that it's unlikely that this comment will get an airing:
At first glance nine factual errors and one spelling mistake.
Not bad for the Daily Mail
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

The guy he beat in Friday's game looks like Matthew Green.