Spoilers For Friday October 15th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Friday October 15th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, the week has reached its conclusion, and we have Jack Hurst sitting comfortably in the champions' chair, even though he likes to wiggle it around quite a bit. :lol:

But, with 234 points from his first 2 games, we can forgive him for that, especially if he keep s it up, as that would make 936 points by next Friday, should he stay of course.

Mike will be recapping later, once he's brought up last week's recap of course.

I decided to start this one earlier today, because I'm about to head down to Leicester for CoLeiii. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

So, I'll hopefully see a lot of you cool people tonight/tomorrow, depending how many others are staying the night in the hotel.

I'll send a nice snap of my arrival later. 8-)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Friday October 15th 2010

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:I'll send a nice snap of my arrival later. 8-)
Yeah, can we have a thread that acts as a feed of Makepeace-style pictures and updates please? It'll give me and Heather something to talk when the conversation dies.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

wp jack gg
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Another ton, well played Jack 8-)

On the issue of saving paper and trees etc, why not use a whiteboard and marker?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Another ton, well played Jack 8-)

On the issue of saving paper and trees etc, why not use a whiteboard and marker?
Too shiny I think.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Nice finish, I like to see a good tussle with the conundrum.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Go Jack!

You're even more likable each day. :)
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Jojo Apollo wrote:On the issue of saving paper and trees etc, why not use a whiteboard and marker?
Oh, that's a technical TV thing. If you put a whiteboard on TV, it actually looks green and black writing on it would look pink. Something to do with colour filters.

Edit: Bollocks, Jack's given the real answer before I had chance to slip mine in. Spoilsport.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Very well done, again, Jack. Just 3 points dropped too.

That conundrum might explain how you got this max game against me recently.

http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=317103
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jack. Your charms are working...

She's a bit of a munter but there's no harm in trying her out AND she's currently in Leicester at the university so maybe when you pop back home you can give her a booty call?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ryan Taylor wrote: She's a bit of a munter but there's no harm in trying her out AND she's currently in Leicester at the university so maybe when you pop back home you can give her a booty call?
Fuckin' hell Ryan, your standards are too high for an ugly man like yourself. She looks quite nice AND she watches Countdown. Win. Wish I'd trawled facebook for girls saying I was hot but sadly I missed that opportunity - there would have probably been a grand total of 0 though.

As for the game - much better one today, well done Jack. Thought you'd go last T for SIXTEENMO in one of the rounds but you went for a fifth vowel - maybe fishing for an A for AXONEMES?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote: She's a bit of a munter but there's no harm in trying her out AND she's currently in Leicester at the university so maybe when you pop back home you can give her a booty call?
Fuckin' hell Ryan, your standards are too high for an ugly man like yourself. She looks quite nice AND she watches Countdown. Win.
Who ever said I am interested in girls, Kirk?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Fuckin' hell Ryan, your standards are too high for an ugly man like yourself. She looks quite nice AND she watches Countdown. Win. Wish I'd trawled facebook for girls saying I was hot but sadly I missed that opportunity - there would have probably been a grand total of 0 though.

As for the game - much better one today, well done Jack. Thought you'd go last T for SIXTEENMO in one of the rounds but you went for a fifth vowel - maybe fishing for an A for AXONEMES?
After the first 7 letters i was fishing for EXAMINES/EXAMINEES
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Just checked the openbook for Countdown. Loads of original people sharing that Dracula's spastic brother joke.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Ben Hunter wrote:Just checked the openbook for Countdown. Loads of original people sharing that Dracula's spastic brother joke.
Through similar stalking, I found out Monday's challenger, the result and an advert for Apterous.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Ben Hunter wrote:Just checked the openbook for Countdown. Loads of original people sharing that Dracula's spastic brother joke.
Was thinking the same thing.

PS fairly hefty spoilers if you scroll down too far. :(
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

R11 - COCKMEAT, COCKMATE, TEAMCOCK, FATCOCK, and COCKFAME. Me and HB had much fun with those.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:R11 - COCKMEAT, COCKMATE, TEAMCOCK, FATCOCK, and COCKFAME. Me and HB had much fun with those.
Can't believe you missed METACOCK.