Feature requests

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
D Eadie
Devotee

Re: Feature requests

Post by D Eadie »

I wouldn't call your conundrum game a weakness Kirk.
You might want to improve it, but aside from Chris Davies, Innis and one or two others, you're in a different league to everybody else it would seem. Good luck with the new job too.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

D Eadie wrote:Good luck with the new job too.
What is this new job of yours, Kirk :?:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:What is this new job of yours, Kirk :?:
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Since when was I married? Anyway, I'm working at Aviva as an Assistant Actuarial Adviser. That's 7 A's in a row! Lots of number crunching and risk analysis methinks and I start next week. I'm looking forward to finally saving money again.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Since when was I married? Anyway, I'm working at Aviva as an Assistant Actuarial Adviser. That's 7 A's in a row! Lots of number crunching and risk analysis methinks and I start next week. I'm looking forward to finally saving money again.
Impressive, good luck. ;) :) :D
At least you're not a Plymouth Argyle fan as that picture suggests. :lol:
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Kirk Bevins wrote: Some viewers love seeing young intelligent males get the conundrum in 1 second,
Yep, no problem with that. Just not every bloody game though.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Liam Tiernan wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote: Some viewers love seeing young intelligent males get the conundrum in 1 second,
As if it would ever get to the point where it would happen anything close to nearly every game.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

JackHurst wrote:
Liam Tiernan wrote:
As if it would ever get to the point where it would happen anything close to nearly every game.
Daniel: 27s (CIRCUITRY), 2s, 2s, 1.25s, 3.75s, 16s (HESITANCE), 0.5s, 1s. All correct
Eoin: 0.5s, 0.5s x, 1s, 0.25s(!)
That's 8/12 conundrums solved correctly in under 2 secs. I think we're fairly close to that point as it is.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Liam Tiernan wrote: Daniel: 27s (CIRCUITRY), 2s, 2s, 1.25s, 3.75s, 16s (HESITANCE), 0.5s, 1s. All correct
Eoin: 0.5s, 0.5s x, 1s, 0.25s(!)
That's 8/12 conundrums solved correctly in under 2 secs. I think we're fairly close to that point as it is.
Your sampling method is biased. Try taking a random sample of episodes from this series instead.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

D Eadie wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote: It's not completely unrelated. My point is that I don't see why people practising for hours to become much better than "normal" contestants is fine, except for when it comes to conundrums, specifically the hard conundrums. It seems that you've jumped onto a very small and fairly arbitrary aspect of Apterous.
There are 2 things a non-apterous player can have in their armoury. Good maths brains and good conundrum unscrambling brains. Apterous can't teach good maths, it provides a service, but with conundrums, people can memorise the selection and remember the answers. Everyone on apterous gets sleepsuit in 2 seconds flat nowadays, but a few months back nobody had a clue what it was and it had everyone foxed. That, is my point. Chris got that by sheer mental rearranging, working, digging it out, calculating, under pressure, it was wonderful to watch, a feat of brilliance, one of the highlights of the shows history, people gasped, marvelled, applauded, respected, doffed their caps in reverence. How about we toss all that off, give the apterous kids a 'great learning tool' and let them sit night after night after night playing all the diamond conundrum attacks, just so they can stay one step ahead of the game.

To think some of you guys are supposed to be fans of the show, i actually shake my head in disbelief.
I think you're making a false distinction between conundrums and normal letters rounds. Why is it bad for someone to be able to "unscramble" a conundrum purely from memory, whereas it's fine to spot an obscure seven or eight in a letters round from having seen it numerous times on Apterous? Is it just because you personally set the conundrums?

Also, you mentioned that you'd have the ITV lawyers crawling all over Apterous if it goes too far, but I don't think there's much you can do about conundrums anyway. Conundrums are just anagrams, which have been around a lot longer than Countdown. Someone could easily set up a separate game site with just anagrams. Of course it would be nothing like Countdown. It just happens that you might be able to set the length of the anagrams and hardness level and people might choose 9 letters and hard.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

Post by Jeff Clayton »

D Eadie wrote:If i suggest to ITV that we take a crew down to COLEI and record it for TV broadcasting, they'd laugh me out of the building.
I'd expect no less, Damian! But let me make it quite clear that my steer is not towards an event for obsessives. The schedule for the day factors in proper breaks. If you want ten minutes for a coffee and a fag, no problem. We also have at least an hour to enjoy a cooked lunch in the dining room, and as long as you like for a well earned pint in the evening.

It's also meant to entertain and stimulate on lots of levels. This year, just like before, the ages and abilities of the entrants will range right across the board. Some are occasional viewers who haven't appeared on the programme, don't play Apterous and don't belong to any kind of games club. They enjoy Countdown for the entertainment value it brings to the screen, the satisfaction they get for solving a slightly tricky one-large-five-small, the chance to learn a few new words (and what they mean!) and these are things that I try to recreate.

Also this year, the players will branch off into sets of eight once the heats are done so people get a sense of experiencing (or reliving) the real thing. CoLei is very much inspired by the telly, and I hope it inspires some people to apply for your programme, but we're well aware it's completely amateur!

Jeff
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

In statland can we have a top DIAMOND conundrum solvers page, much like the top darren spotters page?
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Jeff Clayton wrote:I'd expect no less, Damian! But let me make it quite clear etc..
Jeff i just used to CoLei thing as an example to Kirk and hope you don't feel i was being disparaging towards your event. I'm sure it's a fabulously well-run thing bit of fun and i hope it it successful again this time round.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

D Eadie wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:A diamond attack? That's a conundrum attack where all conundrums given are of difficulty 10? A great learning tool for those hard conundrums.
Yes, why not strip back the DNA of Countdown a little further and take away any element of surprise for fans of the show and apterous players by incorporating every hard conundrum into a diamond attack, thereby further rewarding the obsessive player who has the time and energy to sit at their computer all day absorbing every possible answer, thus making them even more robotised than they already are. Let's eradicate the Peter Godwins and Nikki Sellars of this world and focus totally on young geeky males. The more you dehumanize apterous the worse it gets IMO.

When you say a great learning tool for those hard conundrums Kirk, a learning tool for who and for what purpose?
Your Countdown days are over, so by requesting this feature i can only assume its so you can soak all the answers up and wipe the floor with people even more than you already do. And of course, future contestants of the show will practice and practice every diamond conundrum going, making the quarter-finals a non-event by buzzing in after 0.8 seconds and making any chance of a dramatic finale to a show impossible.

If it has to happen then so be it, but don't be surprised to see future series of the show made up of over-30s only. And you guys wonder why there's no chance of a C of C? It's laughable if not tragic. Has apterous killed Countdown? No - it's slowly killing itself.
Welcome back Damo.
Now, have you changed your mind about future CoC after the recent success of the Mastermind version.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Hi Mark,
I posted apterously and won't be posting Countdownerously, if that makes sense, although it could be argued i've already combined the two in this thread.
Cest la vie.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Just giving my 2 pence worth here:

I don't see any problem with a diamond conundrum attack, as long as there are corundum, talc, etc. attacks played as well and are as popular for the reasons people provided that it would distort the alleged 'difficulty' of each conundrum. However, I don't like the argument that it would be wrong to have it because young male geeks would get every conundrum in 0.8 seconds. In terms of anagramming, conundrumming is not a helluva lot different to letters rounds, where geeks can learn enough words to max virtually every round.

Whilst Chris's SLEEPSUIT was one of the best solves in Countdown history, people finding stuff in less then a second makes as good TV IMHO. I liken Chris's solve to the likes of Haile and Kenenisa Bekele performing to the peak of human fitness over long periods of time, whereas 1 second spots (especially on difficult conundrums) is a bit like Usain Bolt tearing up the record books in the 100m, who (I would say unfortunately) generates more headlines and generally impresses more people. An example of this was when from my appearances, more people at school still talk about me getting the fairly easy CONDOLING in half a second, whereas no one remembers when I solved ANTIPASTI and SEDUCIBLE in around 10 seconds.

Then, it comes to the question of what viewers want to see. As Damian (and Charlie) quite rightly pointed out, Countdown is not Apterous and sections of the general public may be put off by young males winning games by >50 points. However, as has been pointed out before, Countdown is a parlour game. I interpret this to meaning that the vast majority of people watch it regardless of the standard of the contestants. Also, unlike Damian, I believe that a small yet significant proportion of the viewers like it when there is someone good on. I say this because I imagine a lot of the viewers watch other quiz shows and I am sure nearly all of them sit back and admire the likes of Kevin Ashman and Pat Gibson. Going by that, I am fairly confident that contestants such as Eoin and Daniel do not spoil the enjoyment for the vast majority of the viewers, possibly ever enhancing it. My running coach Dave watches Countdown regularly and he commented to me about how good Eoin was. Before you say that he would say this because I'm the only famous person he knows, he has worked with and coached some of the leading names in British and international distance running past and present. I must be well down the pecking order of famous people he knows.

So, I don't think creating certain difficulty conundrum attacks on Apterous will ruin Countdown/itself.

PS - Just because contestants don't use Apterous, it doesn't mean they are not serious about doing well. Mark Goodliffe, my eighth game opponent who I beat on a crucial, wrote about his experience Here (I know he played 4 games on Apterous, but I don't think that is significant in the grand scheme of things). Also, Nicki Sellars was looking at a list of words whilst in the audience for the final, probably of all words DC found over a period of time.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I don't have any plans to implement difficulty-specific attacks because of the strange feedback effect that Jack described. But Countdown has survived for nearly 30 years, including the death of its figurehead, a complete change of the presenting team and a sweeping change to the backroom team in just the last few of those, so it would be rather arrogant of us to imagine that a website is going to kill it stone dead. Enjoy apterous, enjoy Countdown, they'll both be around for many years to come.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Oliver Garner wrote:Whilst Chris's SLEEPSUIT was one of the best solves in Countdown history...
Exactly........... because it wasn't on Apterous for him to practice and familiarise himself with months earlier.

Enough said. :roll:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Seriously, where did all this "parlour game" nonsense come from, who started calling Countdown that?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:Image

Seriously, where did all this "parlour game" nonsense come from, who started calling Countdown that?
The first time I heard that phrase was Stewart Holden before the Series 51 finals, so it goes way back, and I think Spreading The Word (the official Countdown book from about 15 years ago) refers to it as such.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Charlie Reams wrote: The first time I heard that phrase was Stewart Holden before the Series 51 finals, so it goes way back, and I think Spreading The Word (the official Countdown book from about 15 years ago) refers to it as such.

.......understandable how RW told him to fuck off then. :mrgreen:

To be serious for a moment, RW referred to it as a 'parlour' game quite a lot, but i'm not sure what that actually meant.

Anyway, it's not a quiz, a parlour game, or anything else, it's a unique oasis of intellectual, enjoyable interactivity in a minefield of televisual shit.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Parlour game. So now you all know.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Opened this thread hours ago, and only just got the Ray Parlour joke.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Conor wrote:Opened this thread hours ago, and only just got the Ray Parlour joke.
Good commitment Conor! There was never supposed to be anything deeper than simply PARLOUR game / Ray PARLOUR.
Robert Baxter
Acolyte

Post by Robert Baxter »

BREAKDOWN:

break each format down

Example:

15 round: normally LLLLNLLLLNLLLNC

breakdown: LLLLLLLLLLLNNNC

9 round: normally LLLNLLLNC

breakdown: LLLLLLNNC

14 round: normally LLNLLNCLLNLLNC

breakdown:LLLLLLLLNNNNCC
Contestant: Continent please, Rachel.
Rachel: Y.
Contestant: Because I want one!

For more info, see http://wiki.apterous.org/User:The_Doctor , and don't have a go at me a the F1 drivers series.

The 86th postingest forummer.

And I'm a :ugeek:.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Robert Baxter wrote:BREAKDOWN
I don't get it. What's the point of it?
Oliver Garner wrote:Whilst Chris's SLEEPSUIT was one of the best solves in Countdown history, people finding stuff in less then a second makes as good TV IMHO.
Really? I mean, really really?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Robert Baxter wrote:BREAKDOWN:

break each format down

Example:

15 round: normally LLLLNLLLLNLLLNC

breakdown: LLLLLLLLLLLNNNC

9 round: normally LLLNLLLNC

breakdown: LLLLLLNNC

14 round: normally LLNLLNCLLNLLNC

breakdown:LLLLLLLLNNNNCC
You can make this yourself.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

With all the throat-slashing over young, male, nerdy types stringing out obscurities with no idea of their meaning, perhaps definitions could be incorporated into apterous. When you, your opponent and DC offer a word it could be clickable with a quick definition (pulled from dictionary.com or wherever) appearing in a new message box. Often I see a pretty word and wonder what it means, but it's too time consuming to look it up when playing someone, and by the end of the game I've forgotten. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some feasibility issue with the pulling, but I like the idea.

And while I've started: cricket scoring. One player "bats", and the other "bowls", with the batsman having somewhere between three and ten wickets. You lose a wicket by being beaten on a round by the bowler (the format cycles through 15 round games), and the batsman scores runs as per the standard scoring system. When the batting player is all out, switch and the other player can chase down the total. If there's an imbalance between bat and ball then perhaps the bowler can pick all the selections, though I'm not sure about this.

Another idea: The Gym, for some intense training. Letters training could be like AnaHack (is that still around?), customizable by number of letters, vowels, high probability, no Es etc., or a normal round where the max is given (spot it and move on), also customizable (darrenicity could be a good one). Same idea for numbers and conundrums, difficulty being the main variable.

Not sure any of these are possible to implement, but if they were it'd make my Christmas.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Conor wrote:With all the throat-slashing over young, male, nerdy types stringing out obscurities with no idea of their meaning,
I'm not sure the issue is with not knowing the meanings. I think it's just young male nerdy types who spend 60 hours a week practising Countdown who then go on TV and wipe the floor with people is the issue.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Conor wrote:With all the throat-slashing over young, male, nerdy types stringing out obscurities with no idea of their meaning,
I'm not sure the issue is with not knowing the meanings. I think it's just young male nerdy types who spend 60 hours a week practising Countdown who then go on TV and wipe the floor with people is the issue.
No, it's fine when they do that. It's only when they get hard conundrums quickly that it matters.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Of course, but there's no harm in promoting definitions. It's a little harder to argue with players' superiorty if they know the meaning of the words they offer. I had a little think about this earlier and, FWIW (jack all), I don't have any problem with players training for Countdown; I'm not sure there's a real lack of personality of players who have invested in some preparation. My grandmother (the one representative of "the average Countdown viewer" I know) plays along at home and still calls me up with delight when she sees someone exceptional on the show. apterous has raised the bar, but we're still a long way away before 70-point drubbings become an everyday occurrence. Some players want to prepare for the show, some don't, apterous has merely made it more convenient for those who do.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Oliver Garner wrote:Whilst Chris's SLEEPSUIT was one of the best solves in Countdown history, people finding stuff in less then a second makes as good TV IMHO.
Really? I mean, really really?[/quote]
For difficult conundrums, i.e. what you get in finals, yes.
Example - Kirk's ECLAMPSIA
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Hugh Binnie wrote:
For difficult conundrums, i.e. what you get in finals, yes.
Not a bad 500th post.

Why doesn't it say "Series 62 Champion" under your name, Oliver :?:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:Not a bad 500th post.
Apart from the messed-up quote, you mean :?: :o :shock: :? :!: :geek: :ugeek:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:For difficult conundrums, i.e. what you get in finals, yes.
Not a bad 500th post.

Why doesn't it say "Series 62 Champion" under your name, Oliver :?:
Because I haven't been bothered enough to do it yet.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Team Games?

Basically, where the challenges are, instead of saying New Game v ...., it could say [a] , [c], [d] v [x], [y], [z]

Waiting for [a] and [z].

Each team gets it's own chat room to confer, as well as the main chat to demoralise the opposition.

When you click e.g. [15 rounder], then a little pop-up box:"Would you like to play in team mode?"with the options of Invite or No, just get on with it.

Ooh, that pitch sounded better than I thought it would be.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Team Games?

Basically, where the challenges are, instead of saying New Game v ...., it could say [a] , [c], [d] v [x], [y], [z]

Waiting for [a] and [z].

Each team gets it's own chat room to confer, as well as the main chat to demoralise the opposition.

When you click e.g. [15 rounder], then a little pop-up box:"Would you like to play in team mode?"with the options of Invite or No, just get on with it.

Ooh, that pitch sounded better than I thought it would be.
It's a nice idea and has been proposed before, but practically speaking it would require vast changes to almost the entire game so it's not likely to happen. However, there are plans afoot for other team events.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
I wonder that as well. People say it and everyone goes along with it, but how does one determine that it's such a hard conundrum?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Hugh Binnie wrote:
I wonder that as well. People say it and everyone goes along with it, but how does one determine that it's such a hard conundrum?
Because I've never heard the word in the rest of my life?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ian Volante wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:I wonder that as well. People say it and everyone goes along with it, but how does one determine that it's such a hard conundrum?
But I have :o
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:I wonder that as well. People say it and everyone goes along with it, but how does one determine that it's such a hard conundrum?
But I have :o
It's a likely word though if you happen upon it. If I'd never heard of it and fouund that the letters could spell SLEEPSUIT, I'd go fo it.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

If I spot a well-known conundrum scramble that I know, I'll go for the "solution." So if I saw EPITUSSLE^ first, I'd know SLEEPSUIT^
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:If I spot a well-known conundrum scramble that I know, I'll go for the "solution." So if I saw EPITUSSLE^ first, I'd know SLEEPSUIT^
wat
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Jon Corby wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:If I spot a well-known conundrum scramble that I know, I'll go for the "solution." So if I saw EPITUSSLE^ first, I'd know SLEEPSUIT^
wat
If I spot EPITUSSLE from IPLEUETSS I would recognise SLEPPSUIT :arrow:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
wat
If I spot EPITUSSLE from IPLEUETSS I would recognise SLEPPSUIT :arrow:
SLEPPSUIT?

And SLEEPSUIT^?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I've played Scott Gillies 8 times in the past 3 days, and 7/8 games have had diamond conundrums. Compare this to the seven games I have had again Innis this past weekm there have only been 3/7 conundrums of a difficulty of 10/10. I though this is a bit odd, considering Innis has a rating about 450 higher than Scott, but my games with Scott seem to be providing harder conundrums.

I'm not complaining or suggesting that anything should change, but I am just curious if you could offer an explanation for this happening other than sheer chance.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

JackHurst wrote:I've played Scott Gillies 8 times in the past 3 days, and 7/8 games have had diamond conundrums. Compare this to the seven games I have had again Innis this past weekm there have only been 3/7 conundrums of a difficulty of 10/10. I though this is a bit odd, considering Innis has a rating about 450 higher than Scott, but my games with Scott seem to be providing harder conundrums.

I'm not complaining or suggesting that anything should change, but I am just curious if you could offer an explanation for this happening other than sheer chance.
Apterous doesn't like Scott?
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

JackHurst wrote:I've played Scott Gillies 8 times in the past 3 days, and 7/8 games have had diamond conundrums. Compare this to the seven games I have had again Innis this past weekm there have only been 3/7 conundrums of a difficulty of 10/10. I though this is a bit odd, considering Innis has a rating about 450 higher than Scott, but my games with Scott seem to be providing harder conundrums.

IAWTP.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

For Superstats, to go with Nemesis, the "Body Double" (there has to be a better name than this, even if I can't think of it): the person that you've played 375 times and the record currently stands 188-187.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Andrew Feist wrote:For Superstats, to go with Nemesis, the "Body Double" (there has to be a better name than this, even if I can't think of it): the person that you've played 375 times and the record currently stands 188-187.
There's something in the 95% finished state which will probably please you...
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

It would be very awesome if Display Case items linked to their items page.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

A couple of features which would interest me:

1) This has deliberately been posted after I reached the summit of Mt Conundrum (in an attempt not to look like a glory-hunter):

When someone reaches the top of Mt Conundrum, I would like to see a notification in the "Happenings" bar at the right of the homepage, perhaps with a link to that final Conundrum Attack which took them from 9040 to 9060 metres. It might also be of interest to people in the gameroom, so maybe a message could be posted in the chat section of the game window? "Billy Nomates has 1 metre to go to the top of Mt Conundrum..." and/or "Billy Nomates climbed 20 metres up Mt Conundrum, with 3 correct answers... and reached the summit!". That kind of thing.

2) An addition to Statland which I'd be interested to see (and this time, this definitely is glory-hunting, as I reckon I might make the top 20 of this list):

Hardest (Maxed) Conundrum Attacks. Similar to the "Fastest (Maxed) Conundrum Attacks" page, but with rankings based first on the number solved (so all people with 20/20 correct would be ahead of those on 19/20), then on the sum of the hardnesses of the 20 conundrums faced. The main problem I foresee here, is that since conundrum difficulties might not be recorded with each round, it might involve some faffing about looking up entries in the conundrum database to get a "total hardness" figure for each game. And obviously total hardness could change retrospectively, as and when difficulty ratings get updated - not that I see this as a problem. However, this is starting to sound slightly awkward to code.

Just my $0.02--
Matt
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Fastest conundrums: international edition (please).
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Not a practical request, just a little feature which would be cool: a Random Word button on Lexplorer which finds a random word in the selected dictionary.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

When browsing Duel games, I often wonder who won that Duel, where the person whose game I'm viewing came, and stuff like that. I thought it would be cool to have a link to the relevant Duel on the game page.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kai Laddiman wrote:When browsing Duel games, I often wonder who won that Duel, where the person whose game I'm viewing came, and stuff like that. I thought it would be cool to have a link to the relevant Duel on the game page.
I like that one.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Still want a statland page for top Diamond difficulty conundrum solvers.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

JackHurst wrote:Still want a statland page for top Diamond difficulty conundrum solvers.
Different to this one?
Lowering the averages since 2009
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Lesley Hines wrote:
JackHurst wrote:Still want a statland page for top Diamond difficulty conundrum solvers.
Different to this one?
Yes, I meant to ask for a leaderboard ot top diamond difficulty solvers by the ratio of diamonds avilable with to diamonds earned
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

JackHurst wrote: Yes, I meant to ask for a leaderboard ot top diamond difficulty solvers by the ratio of diamonds avilable with to diamonds earned
You pissed? Great, let's go out on the pull and spout anagrams to unsuspecting victims.