TMWRNJ

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

TMWRNJ

Post by David O'Donnell »

JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: TMWRNJ

Post by JimBentley »

Me, for one. I used to love that it was on at about midday on Sunday but could often be quite near the knuckle humour-wise (really, it wasn't a million miles away from the earlier Fist of Fun, which was never shown before 9pm). I was right pissed off when it got cancelled by that evil woman whose name I can't remember.

I've got all the episodes as WMV files (plus all of Fist of Fun and the radio shows) from [an erm...reputable source]. I could DVDify them for you if you've not already got them. Not that I'm condoning piracy or anything, but if the BBC won't repeat it or reissue it on DVD then fuck em.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

JimBentley wrote:Me, for one. I used to love that it was on at about midday on Sunday but could often be quite near the knuckle humour-wise (really, it wasn't a million miles away from the earlier Fist of Fun, which was never shown before 9pm). I was right pissed off when it got cancelled by that evil woman whose name I can't remember.

I've got all the episodes as WMV files (plus all of Fist of Fun and the radio shows) from [an erm...reputable source]. I could DVDify them for you if you've not already got them. Not that I'm condoning piracy or anything, but if the BBC won't repeat it or reissue it on DVD then fuck em.
That'd be a million types of awesome, Jim, thanks!

Edit: I used to watch it on Sundays and couldn't believe the stuff they got away with. It was hard to catch the Friday repeat because BBC never seemed to stick to the same time slot twice.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

I found FOF and TMWRNJ a bit surreal in places - observational humour is usually more my thing - but I watched the lot and did find some absolute gems in Lee and Herring's repertoire. Simon Quinlank was a favourite of mine, and as a music geek, I was always amused by the appropriation of The Fall's "I Am Kurious Oranj". TMWRNJ was also the means by which I was introduced to the previously-unknown-to-me quagga (via the milk-drinking sketches), so it was educational as well.

Ooh, I've just used a Schachtelsatz in an English sentence...