All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

JR mentioned in his recap it's going to be an interesting series.

Who is going to be on it?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: 63

Post by James Robinson »

From what I've got from people talking on Apterous, we've possibly got Scott Gillies, but he's actually busy recording at the moment, but I believe he can't win enough to be in the Series 62 finals, so assuming he wins all his games, he'd carry over into Series 63. No guarantee obviously.

Jonathan Wynn is recording in 3 weeks time. I also believe that Eoin Monaghan, Edward McCullagh and even Dale Levell might have done auditions, or are about to do some.

With all those in the frame, that sounds like a good series. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

James Robinson wrote:From what I've got from people talking on Apterous, we've possibly got Scott Gillies, but he's actually busy recording at the moment, but I believe he can't win enough to be in the Series 62 finals, so assuming he wins all his games, he'd carry over into Series 63. No guarantee obviously.

Jonathan Wynn is recording in 3 weeks time. I also believe that Eoin Monaghan, Edward McCullagh and even Dale Levell might have done auditions, or are about to do some.

With all those in the frame, that sounds like a good series. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
You going to the finals then? Should be awesome.

Loadsa spare tickets, I just called and got some.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Is Dale Levell better now than when Chris/Craig/Kirk etc were when they went on?
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Douglas Wilson wrote:Is Dale Levell better now than when Chris/Craig/Kirk etc were when they went on?
He is near that levell. Kirk has always been good, so it's no accident that he's the only player to hit a perfect game. Craig was always good too. Chris became good and he is the only person for whom, I think, your question makes sense.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Maybe you haven't understood the question David. I simply mean is the levell Dale is at now higher/lower/about the same than when the three afore mentioned (the best three players of the recent era) first went on the show?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Maybe you haven't understood the question David. I simply mean is the levell Dale is at now higher/lower/about the same than when the three afore mentioned (the best three players of the recent era) first went on the show?
He's almost certainly better than Kirk when he first went on :D
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

I'm gonna send off an application form sometime this week, so I might be in 63.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Douglas Wilson wrote:Maybe you haven't understood the question David. I simply mean is the levell Dale is at now higher/lower/about the same than when the three afore mentioned (the best three players of the recent era) first went on the show?
Of course I have you fucking idiot. I am saying in a polite way that he isn't but now you make me be all direct and make it clear that Dale is probably the worst ever potential Countdown contestant there ever was/is/will be. He'll get beat by a dyslexic Granny, miss RELATIONS two rounds in a row, urinate in his pants followed by defecation, get so embarrassed that he regresses to animal state and jumps around the studio smearing his faeces around the wall and on the faces of the families of other contenders.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Of course I have you fucking idiot. I am saying in a polite way that he isn't but now you make me be all direct and make it clear that Dale is probably the worst ever potential Countdown contestant there ever was/is/will be. He'll get beat by a dyslexic Granny, miss RELATIONS two rounds in a row, urinate in his pants followed by defecation, get so embarrassed that he regresses to animal state and jumps around the studio smearing his faeces around the wall and on the faces of the families of other contenders.
a-lol
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I might give it a shot now that college is almost out of the way.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

James Robinson wrote:I also believe that Eoin Monaghan, Edward McCullagh and even Dale Levell might have done auditions, or are about to do some.
Awesome, reminds me of the Carson-Hulme-Davies hype going into series 61, lets hope its another good one!
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

When are we gonna get some on-screen Hurst action?
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Oh cool, is it actually confirmed now that Dale's going on the show? Didn't seem like he wanted to last time I spoke to him about it.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Innis Carson wrote:Oh cool, is it actually confirmed now that Dale's going on the show? Didn't seem like he wanted to last time I spoke to him about it.
Not necessarily. I did stress:
Eoin Monaghan, Edward McCullagh and even Dale Levell might have done auditions, or are about to do some.
It could easily just be idle rumour. :roll:

If any of the above haven't or aren't doing auditions, please say.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Innis Carson wrote:Oh cool, is it actually confirmed now that Dale's going on the show? Didn't seem like he wanted to last time I spoke to him about it.
Yeah James is bull-shitting. He made it fairly clear to me, last time we played, that he didn't think his numbers game was strong enough yet. Though having played him a few times I think his numbers game is fine but I suppose when ever he feels comfortable applying should dictate when he does so.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:From what I've got from people talking on Apterous, we've possibly got Scott Gillies, but he's actually busy recording at the moment, but I believe he can't win enough to be in the Series 62 finals, so assuming he wins all his games, he'd carry over into Series 63. No guarantee obviously.
Craig said in the finals thread he starts 4 shows before the finals.

'Interestingly' we could have the same situation as we've had in the last two series with a player winning 4 games, having to step down for the finals, winning their 5th, losing their 6th and then spending the whole series hanging on to a top 8 place!
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Douglas Wilson wrote:

'Interestingly' we could have the same situation as we've had in the last two series with a player winning 4 games, having to step down for the finals, winning their 5th, losing their 6th and then spending the whole series hanging on to a top 8 place!
Scott Gillies should become an octochamp though, he's got quite a few perfect games under his belt on here and is a good number's merchant too.
Scott Gillies
Rookie

Post by Scott Gillies »

Ben Hunter wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:

Scott Gillies should become an octochamp though, he's got quite a few perfect games under his belt on here and is a good number's merchant too.
cheers for the positve comments ben, nice to hear people think i'm good. As for quite a few max games its only 2 lol. my show is on 3rd june for anyone interested.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Scott Gillies wrote:cheers for the positve comments ben, nice to hear people think i'm good. As for quite a few max games its only 2 lol. my show is on 3rd june for anyone interested.
Excellent, another good Robinson Recap to look forward to. ;) :) :D
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Scott Gillies wrote:cheers for the positve comments ben, nice to hear people think i'm good. As for quite a few max games its only 2 lol. my show is on 3rd june for anyone interested.
Two max games is still pretty good! You've obviously improved because I think I beat you a couple of times in the past!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Just looking at this thread and I may as well tell now, I've already recorded. Got a date and all, but won't say it. Dinos and Marcus already knew this.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Got a date and all, but won't say it.
Any reason?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

I wanna keep it a surprise. :)
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Last edited by Eoin Monaghan on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:I like giraffes.
Oh good, spoilers already.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Actually, sorry, I'll get rid of that message, that's why there's a dot there.

Sorry.

Can you edit your post so the quote is gone please?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:I like giraffes.
Oh good, spoilers already.
Thanks.

To anyone that this seems weird too, just be glad you didn't read the original.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Is Peter Crouch in DC. :)
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!
Erm....., what.
Last edited by James Robinson on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Oh goodie, massive spoilers. So much for keeping my filming date a secret, I'm not gonna say it here as it will only give away more spoilers, which I do not want to do.

How the hell did you come across this James? I wanted this to be a secret, and now you've told everyone.
Last edited by Eoin Monaghan on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

I don't really see how posting links like that help anyone. This stuff isn't supposed to be known* so why spread it around? And no matter how many spoiler warnings you put around it people will inevitably give away spoilers in their replies.

Edit: *Not to mention that people often like to keep their broadcast date(s) secret, too.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Michael Wallace wrote:I don't really see how posting links like that help anyone. This stuff isn't supposed to be known* so why spread it around? And no matter how many spoiler warnings you put around it people will inevitably give away spoilers in their replies.

Edit: *Not to mention that people often like to keep their broadcast date(s) secret, too.
IAWTP

This is something which could have waited until the day in question
Last edited by James Doohan on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

James Robinson wrote:MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

And Eoin, you're busted-ish.
James, do your parents have to keep your presents in a safe at Christmas?

Also, I don't think Eoin wants people to know when he is on, so could you please removes the link until he comes on the show or something. I've not looked at the article myself because I dont want mega spoilers and I respect Eoins wish of not wanting ppl to know when he is on.
Last edited by JackHurst on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Yeah massive spoilers. Although I do think that articles funny as fuck!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

JackHurst wrote:could you please removes the link until he comes on the show or something.
You might want to edit the link out of your own post, too...
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:
JackHurst wrote:could you please removes the link until he comes on the show or something.
Yeah, ironically (?) you've actually made the spoiler worse by revealing the end of the URL as it contains the headline of the article.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Matt Morrison wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
Yeah, ironically (?) you've actually made the spoiler worse by revealing the end of the URL as it contains the headline of the article.
Haha, good spot - I was briefly worried I was going to proven wrong on this one:
Michael Wallace wrote:no matter how many spoiler warnings you put around it people will inevitably give away spoilers in their replies.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:How the hell did you come across this James?
With my old trick of typing "Countdown" into Google. It's amazing what you find by doing the simplest of things.

I was actually expecting the person in question to be someone else, so was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be you.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

James Robinson wrote:
With my old trick of typing "Countdown" into Google. It's amazing what you find by doing the simplest of things.

I was actually expecting the person in question to be someone else, so was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be you.
Can you maybe remove the link please?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
James Robinson wrote:

Can you maybe remove the link please?
Done. Although you might want to ask Jack to remove the link he copied from me in the first place as well.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

[Like] For doing the decent thing :) Jack Hurst take note ;)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

James Robinson wrote:
You know you can get google to just email you news stories featuring certain search terms? I have one set up for raccoon to keep me on top of all the latest raccoony news.

Latest story: wet raccoon is wet.

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Thanks, and a Like for appreciation. :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Haha! That raccoon is standing up! And wet.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

So hang on, was this whole thing just a plan by James to get Likes? :o
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:So hang on, was this whole thing just a plan by James to get Likes? :o
You've picked up three likes to his two, so you were clearly in on it all along too. I've lost so much respect for you.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Matt Morrison wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:So hang on, was this whole thing just a plan by James to get Likes? :o
You've picked up three likes to his two, so you were clearly in on it all along too. I've lost so much respect for you.
Pfft, small beer. We all know what I aim for with a Like scam.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

*retarded hyperlink quote atrocity removed*