Monday Recaps

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown database. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Monday Recaps

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I'm going to have to temporarily retire from doing the Monday recaps. I'm about 2 weeks behind on programmes and I keep forgetting. If anyone else could take up the position (starting with Monday 12th April which I haven't done yet) I would be very grateful.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Monday Recaps

Post by James Robinson »

I'd gladly do it temporarily until a full-time replacement is found. I could easily do this Monday's recap after I do my recap tonight. It's not too much of a burden to me. ;) :) :D
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

You need to be careful James. It's a bit like the guy who keeps increasing his stake in Arsenal FC; the rules say that once his stake goes past a set percentage, he's obliged to offer to buy out all the other shareholders. You may find that there's a similar rule here regarding recap writing. :)

Anyway, Kai. Many thanks for all you've done on Mondays, right from November 2008 just after you joined the forum. Always stood in for me without moaning (well not out loud). Always a pleasure to read, and full of humour. I'll never understand why you were not included in the list of top three recappers.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Howard Somerset wrote:You need to be careful James. It's a bit like the guy who keeps increasing his stake in Arsenal FC; the rules say that once his stake goes past a set percentage, he's obliged to offer to buy out all the other shareholders. You may find that there's a similar rule here regarding recap writing. :)
Indeed, Howard. Hence, the temporarily bit. I have no intention of doing the Monday recap full time, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to help out where I can. But, until a full time replacement for Kai is sorted out, I can easily just do this as a favour.
Howard Somerset wrote:I'll never understand why you were not included in the list of top three recappers.
The reason Kai wasn't included in the top 3 in that thread was actually a little joke that I never got round to explaining, so I'll explain now.

If there was ever a "Team Countdown" or something of the like, then obviously, if we did well we'd go out and celebrate, but unfortunately both Kai & Oliver are under-age, so if I was to be in a team with those 2, then it'd probably be a pretty drab affair. :lol: :roll:

So, out of the remaining 3 (Dinos, Howard & Mike), I picked the 2 best players, as was suggested, so considering Dinos is very high on the Apterous rankings, and Mike got a series quarter-final, and I obviously had to pick myself, Howard drew the short straw there.

That's how the recapping team was created. 8-)

By the way, it's a shame you've had to retire, Kai. You gave me my big break 6 months ago, and I always enjoy your recaps, especially that parody on my recaps that you did a few weeks ago. :lol: :lol:
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Ah, but James, had you said something like you've just explained now, i.e. you were selecting "the three best players who were not under age and were also regular recappers" then I could not have faulted your team selection in any way at all. However you didn't say that. Instead you said that you were selecting "the three best regular recappers", hence my concern that you had omitted Kai.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Howard Somerset wrote:Ah, but James, had you said something like you've just explained now, i.e. you were selecting "the three best players who were not under age and were also regular recappers" then I could not have faulted your team selection in any way at all. However you didn't say that. Instead you said that you were selecting "the three best regular recappers", hence my concern that you had omitted Kai.
That's true, Howard. Really, I should've made my decision and my point at the same time. :idea: Oh well, lesson learnt. :D
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Yes, I'm sorry to see you retiring as well, Kai, as you've often added plenty of extra stuff into your recaps and they're always worth reading (despite your 'this recap is crap' comments in several of them!). Hope to see you return to Recap Central before too long. I don't suppose we can tempt Monday recapping legend Jim back to the fray in the meantime??
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Mike Brown wrote:I don't suppose we can tempt Monday recapping legend Jim back to the fray in the meantime??
Good idea. He did say that he was stepping down temporarily. And I only offered to keep half of his slot warm while he had a break.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Howard Somerset wrote:...I only offered to keep half of his slot warm...
...MUST...RESIST!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:...I only offered to keep half of his slot warm...
...MUST...RESIST!
Glad you did, Dinos. :lol: