Apterous Masters (formerly COMA) 2010

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: Apterous Masters (formerly COMA) 2010

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Ben Wilson wrote:Kirk Bevins [...] the highest scoring octochamp of all time
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Mark Tournoff
Series 52 Champion

Post by Mark Tournoff »

Jono,

Many thanks for the games and for updating the forum. It was a pleasure to play you, notwithstanding the scoreline.

All the best to both players for the final.

Mark
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Just a reminder that the final of COMA will be tomorrow, Tuesday 13th April at 7pm. Kirk Bevins vs Jon O'Neill. Let battle commence.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

The final is live on apterous right now. Currently 2 games all, first to 6, so it's all to play for!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Congraulations to Kirk and commiserations to Jono then, revenge for CoLei has been exacted.

Overall I'm interested to know what people thought about the extended format with the increased number of games. Should I keep it like this for 2011? Should I bring it down to be closer to best-of-5 games? Should I take it even further and extend to, say, best-of-15 for the final (or even more)?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ben Wilson wrote: Overall I'm interested to know what people thought about the extended format with the increased number of games. Should I keep it like this for 2011? Should I bring it down to be closer to best-of-5 games? Should I take it even further and extend to, say, best-of-15 for the final (or even more)?
I really liked it, it's true matchplay. There are increasing numbers of tournaments which give mid-range players a chance to take on the big names, but the Masters should remain special and give the greatest probability of the best man winning. And I think that's exactly what happened here, so personally I wouldn't change a thing. An excellently run tournament, thanks and well done.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I liked the format as well, just the right number of games before I was completely mentally exhausted. Cheers for running it.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I liked the format as well, just the right number of games before I was completely mentally exhausted. Cheers for running it.
I really think the final should have been best of 5, and I think this ruling should be back-dated.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

Post by Jeff Clayton »

What about a darts style win-three-games-before-you-take-the-set format? And then first to, say, 23 sets?

Commentary from Tony Green and that really excitable American guy (no not Larsen).

Jeff