Spoilers for Tuesday March 16th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for Tuesday March 16th 2010

Post by Marc Meakin »

Just kidding.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Tracey Lilly
Rookie

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday March 16th 2010

Post by Tracey Lilly »

How come that 'no brainer' Deal or No Deal is still broadcast but Countdown has a Cheltenham holiday.
Really enjoyed yesterday.
Looking forward to seeing other rounds of past champions as this forum has prevented them from disappearing into the Channel 4 archive.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Marc Meakin wrote:Just kidding.
Well done, although based on the forthcoming weather forecasts, they might have to put a Countdown episode on Thursday or Friday, as the racing might be rained off.

Now we just have to wait until Monday. :roll:

Nothing much going on is there. :| :roll:

Unlike last year, it's a whole year to the day since I did my Series 60 recording. What a day that was. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :lol: (Just added that last one for all the brilliant jokes Tim Vine did that day.)

And on Thursday, it'll have been 7 years since I did that special show of mine :shock: :o , which also gave me the added bonus of being in the audience for that legendary Julian Fell/Chris Wills match.

Good lord, times just flies, doesn't it :?:
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Tracey Lilly wrote:How come that 'no brainer' Deal or No Deal is still broadcast but Countdown has a Cheltenham holiday.
Really enjoyed yesterday.
Looking forward to seeing other rounds of past champions as this forum has prevented them from disappearing into the Channel 4 archive.
Just caught the end of todays DOND on more4 (or maybe it was a repeat) . Christ, that guy had some guts. Turned down 14k to go for a 50p/50k choice.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:What a day that was. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :lol: (Just added that last one for all the brilliant jokes Tim Vine did that day.)
Can you explain what the rest of them symbolise, one-by-one please?
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Liam Tiernan wrote:Just caught the end of todays DOND on more4 (or maybe it was a repeat) . Christ, that guy had some guts. Turned down 14k to go for a 50p/50k choice.
Gutsy perhaps, but dealing on £14k when your average return is £25k is silly.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
Liam Tiernan wrote:Just caught the end of todays DOND on more4 (or maybe it was a repeat) . Christ, that guy had some guts. Turned down 14k to go for a 50p/50k choice.
Hmm, really?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote:What a day that was. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :lol: (Just added that last one for all the brilliant jokes Tim Vine did that day.)
The first 4 symbolise meeting Jeff, Rachel, Tim & Susie (again). (That's for all of them, but I thought I'd be barracked for doing the whole smilie lot 4 times.)

Mr. Sunglasses represents the whole experience of the day. Meeting the other 6 contestants there that day (I was actually the stand-by, so I might not have even played that day!), the whole audience atmosphere, Damian and the backroom staff. Everything really.

Strictly, there should be a :cry: , because I was pretty close to doing that on screen after THAT conundrum, but the rest of the day made up for losing the way I did.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

James Robinson wrote:Strictly, there should be a :cry: , because I was pretty close to doing that on screen after THAT conundrum
THIS conundrum?
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

PUNJABI, round 4.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Hugh Binnie wrote:
Hmm, really?
I'm not sure that that article is written in English but yes it's clearly obvious that you wouldn't risk a million pounds for two million, even if the odds were in your favour (unless they were massively so) because it's clearly more bad to lose the first million than it is good to gain the second million.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Hugh Binnie wrote:
Hmm, really?
Also, this...
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
The first 4 symbolise meeting Jeff, Rachel, Tim & Susie (again). (That's for all of them, but I thought I'd be barracked for doing the whole smilie lot 4 times.)

Mr. Sunglasses represents the whole experience of the day. Meeting the other 6 contestants there that day (I was actually the stand-by, so I might not have even played that day!), the whole audience atmosphere, Damian and the backroom staff. Everything really.

Strictly, there should be a :cry: , because I was pretty close to doing that on screen after THAT conundrum, but the rest of the day made up for losing the way I did.
Thanks so much for that.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Paul Howe wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Hmm, really?
Also, this...
And don't forget this...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse