"Jazzed" Up Clock Music

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Thomas Wood
Rookie

"Jazzed" Up Clock Music

Post by Thomas Wood »

Sorry if this seems like blatant advertising but I just thought it might interest some people.

I've just put an episode up on the channel that features the short-lived jazzy clock music that was removed after hundreds of complaints. Link to part 1 below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpdIJOujFqU

(P.S. If you just want to hear the music, skip to 6:17!)
Last edited by Thomas Wood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: "Jazzed" Up Clock Music

Post by Michael Wallace »

Haha, awesome. I love how half-hearted it is.

Also, did the champion really used to sit on the (viewers') right side? If so, when did it change?
Jacob Sutton
Rookie

Post by Jacob Sutton »

I think they just used to remain in the seat they won their first show in, up until (going by The Countdown Page) Series 37, when winners moved to the left seat.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Love RW's reaction at 6:50. :D I'm surprised neither of the contestants looked around thinking 'wtf was that crap'.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

I'd forgotten how recent (in relative terms) that was... I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it must have only been a few weeks. Amusingly, Richard called the music 'sultry' on the Friday show of that week!
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

Watching the Calendar Countdown pilot earlier, I was suprised that the clock music was the same as the 1982 opening music for Countdown. I thought the clock music for Countdown was brought along from Calendar Countdown but it must have been written in time for Countdown.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Thomas Wood wrote:Watching the Calendar Countdown pilot earlier, I was suprised that the clock music was the same as the 1982 opening music for Countdown. I thought the clock music for Countdown was brought along from Calendar Countdown but it must have been written in time for Countdown.
Ooh, does this mean we can look forward to seeing it on Countdowngoofs?? (or am I being dense, and it's already out there somewhere?)
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

Mike Brown wrote:
Thomas Wood wrote:Watching the Calendar Countdown pilot earlier, I was suprised that the clock music was the same as the 1982 opening music for Countdown. I thought the clock music for Countdown was brought along from Calendar Countdown but it must have been written in time for Countdown.
Ooh, does this mean we can look forward to seeing it on Countdowngoofs?? (or am I being dense, and it's already out there somewhere?)
No Mike, not dense at all, I'll be uploading it next Friday. Along with the Series 7 final, 1500th episode, 2000th episode (Greenwood theatre version), 18th Birthday special, 3000th episode and the 3000 and counting documentary each on succeeding days.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Thomas Wood wrote:No Mike, not dense at all, I'll be uploading it next Friday. Along with the Series 7 final, 1500th episode, 2000th episode (Greenwood theatre version), 18th Birthday special, 3000th episode and the 3000 and counting documentary each on succeeding days.
Brilliant, will look forward to that! Thanks.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Thomas Wood wrote:2000th episode (Greenwood theatre version)
There's different versions?
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Thomas Wood wrote:2000th episode (Greenwood theatre version)
There's different versions?
Yes, the proper 2000th episode was broadcast (I believe) the following day. It was just a normal game.