January duels

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

January duels

Post by Howard Somerset »

I love today's duel. Not often that I can equal both of the two most recent series champions. :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: January duels

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

:o Innis is a beast!
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

Not only do we not have January standings, but the duel on the 10th didn't happen apparently (which is a shame since I did okay on that one).

EDIT: Woohoo, fixed! Thanks, Charlie.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Jeremy Bentham managed to get a max in all 4 rounds of yesterday's duel, and yet only managed to be ranked equal 6th.

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=179469

That's what I call unlucky!
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Philip Jarvis wrote:Jeremy Bentham managed to get a max in all 4 rounds of yesterday's duel, and yet only managed to be ranked equal 6th.

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=179469

That's what I call unlucky!
He did end up with more points than his position warranted however, which almost redressed the balance.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

I liked today's Unlimited duel, although I did a bit shit, or at least I thought I had. Turns out I could've been equal 1st though (for now) if I'd stuck with my safe 15 in one round rather than going for a dodgy 16, hoping for a pencil. All part of the madness of Unlimited, I think.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JimBentley wrote:I liked today's Unlimited duel, although I did a bit shit, or at least I thought I had. Turns out I could've been equal 1st though (for now) if I'd stuck with my safe 15 in one round rather than going for a dodgy 16, hoping for a pencil. All part of the madness of Unlimited, I think.
The very idea of a "safe 15" makes me hate you, Jim.