DJ Chris Evans

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Chris Corby
Devotee

DJ Chris Evans

Post by Chris Corby »

In an interview for the Sunday Times magazine today, it is stated that his favourite television programme is......

Countdown!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: DJ Chris Evans

Post by James Robinson »

Just think if he was on the show. All hell might break loose! He would still be very entertaining though, I should think.

Still, he be carrying on the tradition of having Radio 2 DJ's on the show.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Well, the bafflingly popular Sir Michael Terence Wogan KBE should have more free time on his hands, now he is leaving his daily breakfast show to be replaced by Chris. With his loyal band of "TOGs" he could bring a sizeable audience of all ages with him.
I see he has been on before in 1997-99, but I don't remember it, and I'm not sure if he was as big a cult as he is now.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Andy Thomson
Acolyte

Post by Andy Thomson »

Derek Hazell wrote:Well, the bafflingly popular Sir Michael Terence Wogan KBE should have more free time on his hands, now he is leaving his daily breakfast show to be replaced by Chris. With his loyal band of "TOGs" he could bring a sizeable audience of all ages with him.
I see he has been on before in 1997-99, but I don't remember it, and I'm not sure if he was as big a cult as he is now.

I think you misspelled.

Actually I reckon both Wogan and Evans would be pretty good.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Derek Hazell wrote:Well, the bafflingly popular Sir Michael Terence Wogan KBE should have more free time on his hands, now he is leaving his daily breakfast show to be replaced by Chris. With his loyal band of "TOGs" he could bring a sizeable audience of all ages with him.
There is nothing baffling about his popularity - Terry is a legend. Anyone who can make Eurovision watchable is ok in my book.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

David O'Donnell wrote:
There is nothing baffling about his popularity - Terry is a legend. Anyone who can make Eurovision watchable is ok in my book.
I think if Jeff ever wanted to move on from Countdown, Terry would be a natural successor
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote:
David O'Donnell wrote:
I think if Jeff ever wanted to move on from Countdown, Terry would be a natural successor
I think David Mitchell would be pretty good.