Rex Topples Beevers!

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Rex Topples Beevers!

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I don't know exactly when this happened, but I've just noticed that in the ratings (the normal ones), Apterous Rex has finally knocked Craig Beevers off the top spot. About time for him to apply methinks.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Rex Topples Beevers!

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I don't know exactly when this happened, but I've just noticed that in the ratings (the normal ones), Apterous Rex has finally knocked Craig Beevers off the top spot. About time for him to apply methinks.
Haha. Must be in the last few days.

At the risk of violating the Julie T Posting Guidelines, I'll cross-reference you to the updated top players page. I've dropped the number of conundrums to 50 but I'm loathe to put it much lower because getting a conundrum max depends on so many factors that I think you need a decent number of data for it. More interestingly, I've added a column that estimates how frequently said player should be scoring max games. This falls off amazingly steeply as you go down the list, which is kinda interesting I think (although not surprising in hindsight).
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:I don't know exactly when this happened, but I've just noticed that in the ratings (the normal ones), Apterous Rex has finally knocked Craig Beevers off the top spot. About time for him to apply methinks.
Haha. Must be in the last few days.

At the risk of violating the Julie T Posting Guidelines, I'll cross-reference you to the updated top players page. I've dropped the number of conundrums to 50 but I'm loathe to put it much lower because getting a conundrum max depends on so many factors that I think you need a decent number of data for it. More interestingly, I've added a column that estimates how frequently said player should be scoring max games. This falls off amazingly steeply as you go down the list, which is kinda interesting I think (although not surprising in hindsight).
Some pretty good stuff there. It's interesting to see that you can be ahead of someone on the list but have less chance of a max game (presumably to do with a less uniform spread of probabilities in the different types of round).

Fair enough if you think you need 50 conundrums. I was just concerned that people will be excluded for not playing enough, or not doing conundrum attacks. Presumably this is (at least partly) because it makes such a difference who your opponent is if you do a load of conundrums against them?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Cos Paul Howe seems to have dropped off the list, and it's probably not due to a drop in his standards.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Cos Paul Howe seems to have dropped off the list, and it's probably not due to a drop in his standards.
Just use this list bruv.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Charlie Reams wrote:At the risk of violating the Julie T Posting Guidelines, I'll cross-reference you to the updated top players page.
Sweet, I'm 25th in the world. :geek:
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Is that possible?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Someone has to be 25th, and it just happens to be Mr. Hunter.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Someone has to be 25th, and it just happens to be Mr. Hunter.
If Ben is 25th, what does that have to do with Apterous Rex and Craig Beevers?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jason Larsen wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Someone has to be 25th, and it just happens to be Mr. Hunter.
If Ben is 25th, what does that have to do with Apterous Rex and Craig Beevers?
[

And it sort of followed on from that.