Spoilers For Friday December 18th 2009 Grand Final

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

martin moore

Re: Spoilers For Friday December 18th 2009 Grand Final

Post by martin moore »

absolutely fantastic win Chris!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Was there anything like the GANDISEEG conundrum thing this series?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Was there anything like the GANDISEEG conundrum thing this series?
I wondered that too, but I couldn't find anything obvious, although if ALLOTROPE was used on Wednesday, instead of Friday and the other 2 moved a day, then the first letters spell out GB PRATS!

GRIMALKIN
BALLADEER

PHOTOSTAT
ROADHOUSE
ALLOTROPE
TUNESMITH
SLEEPSUIT

Weird :!:
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

James Robinson wrote:... although if ALLOTROPE was used on Wednesday, instead of Friday and the other 2 moved a day, then the first letters spell out GB PRATS
Do you get out much? :D
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Tremendous stuff! Congratulations Chris, and well done to all eight finalists for making this series such a high standard, with seven out of eight being octochamps.

This will be my last post for a while. I had planned to post a riposte to some of the more vacuous (or just downright insulting) comments on this topic, but I see it's been locked so I can't which is probably just as well. So instead I'll just wish you all a happy Christmas and the best of good fortune in 2010.

Last Friday on BBC2, the best sitcom of the decade finished its utterly fabulous second series and I dedicate its theme song to you all.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Well done chaps. I also wondered if Andrew might have had SHOALED because that would have been enough for a crucial conundrum I think without going all out for a nine.

I thought it was interesting watching the two different characters. Every time I saw Chris playing it seemed that every miss hurt him, whereas Andrew always seemed content whatever was happening.

This isn't meant to sound rude, but I wondered if Chris and Innis had put in more hours of practice after the heats than Andrew. Andrew obviously did very well but I wasn't sure if he was quite at his 930 ALL-TIME RECORD standard.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Just watched the final, now that I can relax having done all the Christmas shopping, even the food! :)

Fantastic game with great playing from both contestants.
It's always a shame when one has to be the victor in such a closely matched game, so congratulations to both Andrew and Chris and also to all the other finalists. :D
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli