What have all done today then

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

What have all done today then

Post by Andrew Herbertson »

With apterous being down coinciding with my day off I thought i'd do something productive on my day off like wash the car, defrost the freezer or even do some xmas shopping. So what have I done? Well apart from some shopping on Amazon nothing at all, so I can no longer be accused of wasting my time on apterous on my day off because I don't do anything anyway.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: What have all done today then

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Stayed awake till 7am then went to bed. Woke up at noon when some guy delivered a parcel for my housemate, went back to sleep. Woke up at 3:25 and watched Countdown before playing on Hex Appeal and listening to music. Fun fun.
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Now i'm going to make the tea.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Moped around a fair bit!

Then put a blind up at the main bathroom window and made a treacle tart. Now, finally, at 19.14, I am going to start preparing for the meeting I have tomorrow!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Stayed in bed till afternoon, as I have a rather nasty cold/flu bug. Watched a film on telly.

Youngest was very good about missing my Home Ed group's Christmas party today. :(
I've provisionally made plans to meet up with a few of them before Xmas when we're all well, though.

Did an online grocery shop for tomorrow, as we're out of nearly everything, what with the kids just nipping out to the shops now and again while I've been out of action.

Played a couple of games on my Countdown DS game. Won my first game at championship level and got the credits played! Never been sure why that's seen as a reward on a video game. :?

About to order in dinner from Domino's Pizza to give the kids the night off cooking, especially as I have a 50% off voucher. :)
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Julie T wrote: About to order in dinner from Domino's Pizza to give the kids the night off cooking
You make your kids cook?! Wow.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gone to work. :(
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Well ive made tea done the washing up and traditionally would now settle down with an hour or so(yeah right an hour) on apterous while watching the footy. I know i'll talk to some real people.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Made some amazing mince pies with my mate's homemade mincemeat :D
Have quite a baking list with all the forthcoming festivites, but I'm very much looking forward to enjoying them while trying not to get crumbs in my keyboard ;)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Julie T wrote: About to order in dinner from Domino's Pizza to give the kids the night off cooking
You make your kids cook?! Wow.
Don't forget, Kirk, that 3 of my kids are 24, 21 and 19 years old! So we all take turns cooking dinner.
My 13 year old has actually demanded that I teach him to cook properly before he's 14 (i.e. not just sarnies, 'ping cuisine' and beans on toast).
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Julie T wrote:My 13 year old has actually demanded
Sounds like you need to teach your children some manners and respect.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Julie T wrote:
Don't forget, Kirk, that 3 of my kids are 24, 21 and 19 years old! So we all take turns cooking dinner.
Oh. Well my brothers are 25 and 17 and don't have to cook. Mind you the 25 year old has to pay board but I guess every family runs differently.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Jon Corby wrote:
Julie T wrote:My 13 year old has actually demanded
Sounds like you need to teach your children some manners and respect.
:lol:
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Julie T wrote:
Oh. Well my brothers are 25 and 17 and don't have to cook. Mind you the 25 year old has to pay board but I guess every family runs differently.
Ah, well, I like my kids to be self-sufficient wherever possible. They do their own laundry from age 13 too. There's too much housework to do in a large family not to share it out.

Alex can only give me £20 a week food money from his JSA anyway, which doesn't really afford him 'hotel' priviledges!
In any case, I don't want them to feel too well looked after once they're over 18. I want them to leave home eventually. :)
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Julie T wrote:There's too much housework to do in a large family not to share it out.
I beg to differ.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

I just kept necking barbituates and got James Robinson to wake me up when Thursday arrived.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Julie T wrote:There's too much housework to do in a large family not to share it out.
I beg to differ.
lol
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Alec Rivers wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:
I beg to differ.
lol
:)

Naomi has my sympathy. ;)