Countdown Page Update

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Mike Brown
Legend

Countdown Page Update

Post by Mike Brown »

At the risk of being accused of self-publicising, but thought some of you may be interested:

The Countdown Page has just had its quarterly (according to Martin Gardner) update, and contains the following:

- Richard Priest's C of C Experience
- a fully updated Links section (RIP Robovord :( )
- the usual waffle on the first page
- fully updated stats (for old time's sake)
- and much, much more (OK, not really).

Next time: the Bevatron Experience!

Mike.

P.S. Just in case you don't know... http://www.thecountdownpage.com
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Re: Countdown Page Update

Post by Alec Rivers »

Is Charlie's on there? :D
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Sounds good. I think you should include the CofC seedings and xicount totals. (It's worth a try.)
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Alec Rivers wrote:Is Charlie's on there? :D
Apparently he's working on it...
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Sounds good. I think you should include the CofC seedings and xicount totals. (It's worth a try.)
Might think about it doing it on some dark winter's night...
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Mike's latest article on [i]The Countdown Page[/i] wrote:I have had a spring clean of the Links Page and following the demise of free web space provider GeoCities, it's time to wave a sad farewell to Zef's Countdown Summaries, James Aukett's Countdown Experience (which I'm hoping might reappear) and (saddest of all in my view) Robovord, one of the first Countdown numbers solvers, which was written many years ago.
Mike, do you know about the Internet Archive? It is a website which attempts to archive as many Internet pages as possible so that they can still be accessed even when they have closed down. There are usually a few versions of each page, but some of the graphical content is normally missing (so Robovord won't work, being a Java site).
The all-important text content is usually still there though, which means for example you can still see Zef's Countdown Summaries here and James Aukett's Countdown Experience here.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Derek Hazell wrote:Mike, do you know about the Internet Archive? It is a website which attempts to archive as many Internet pages as possible so that they can still be accessed even when they have closed down. There are usually a few versions of each page, but some of the graphical content is normally missing (so Robovord won't work, being a Java site).
Thanks Derek. As you may have already seen from another thread, I am aware of it - and have been for some time - but I hadn't considered linking to sites that only now exist as archives. Although maybe I should, if they're of sufficient interest...
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

I have finally bothered to finish my Experience and have forwarded it to Mike. It'll also be on my facebook page soon for anyone who's unlucky enough to be friends with me.