Spoilers For Tuesday November 17th 2009

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Tuesday November 17th 2009

Post by James Robinson »

Since virtually everyone is at Manchester for the first part of the recordings, it's up to me to bring us upto date with the Series broadcasts.

Ryan won yesterday and is now No.4 seed, so we'll have to wait another month before we see him again, unless you're going to tomorrow's recordings of course.

2 new challengers await. Will either of them become a new octochamp? We'll have to wait and see... :?
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers For Tuesday November 17th 2009

Post by Douglas Wilson »

We have at least one forumer on the show today...
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

ESTAMINET in round 4
Round 5 another alternative (9-2)x5x5
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

UPWARDS presumably
AnnieHall
Acolyte

Post by AnnieHall »

I won't spoil it for you!
While I have your attention, please can somebody help me with how to use this forum? (Excuse computer-illiterate middle-aged woman!)
How do I start a new thread? (I did start one ages ago when I first joined forum but can't remember how to do it now)
and-
How can I get a picture on my file to fit as an avator? (Every pic I try says it's too big to fit)

All help gratefully received. Thanks
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

50/25 + 1 = 3
3 x (100+9) = 327
327 + 9 = 336
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

When you're at one of the sub-forums there's a button to the top left with 'new topic'

There's probably a proper site or something that'll shrink thinks easily. But you should have a basic Paint program on your computer somewhere that can shrink images.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

SUDARIA in the radius round.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Is that the first time Susie has acknowledged she gets help, or do I fast forward too much normally? And if so, should we assume everything else is her own work?
Andy Thomson
Acolyte

Post by Andy Thomson »

I can't believe Susie wore a jumper showing cleavage. Sitting next to Amanda Lamb? Are you kidding?

I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that Rachel is the most beautiful woman currently on TV. She has a seriously lovely face, a gorgeous smile, perfect body and superb legs, she's highly intelligent and has a great sense of humour. The woman is flawless! :D
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

David Williams wrote:Is that the first time Susie has acknowledged she gets help, or do I fast forward too much normally? And if so, should we assume everything else is her own work?
I think this is a new policy coming into effect. Damian said a while back that this would happen, in response to that article in the Daily Mail a few months back.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

James Robinson wrote:Since virtually everyone is at Manchester for the first part of the recordings, it's up to me to bring us upto date with the Series broadcasts.
Not quite everyone, James. Apart from the contestants, of course, I could only count eight.
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Post by Davy Affleck »

[quote="James Robinson"]Since virtually everyone is at Manchester for the first part of the recordings, it's up to me to bring us upto date with the Series broadcasts.
quote]

Always reliable - and first up today. Why are you not at the finals James? Another restraining order?
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Post by Andrew Herbertson »

Well thats my go done. I'd played Charlie a few times on apterous and our head to head record was 12-2 in his favour so giving him an 8 point start was not the brightest thing to do. I was in a bit a daze I think and only saw it at the very last second. Then later on i blanked when i was desperately searching for a biggie but forgetting what i'd spotted straight away,(tip for you all you have a pen write stuff down). Anyway thats by the by Charlie was the better player on the day and generally he's the better player and I hope he goes on and wins a few more games. My two favourite dc guests this year have been Tim Vine(last week) and David LLoyd(next week) so i was a little bit disapointed to have missed them but Amanda Lamb whose work I was not familiar with was an absolute delight and I look forward to seeing her on the show again. All in all a great day everybody was so nice and at least i didn't have far to get home.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Liam Tiernan wrote:
David Williams wrote:Is that the first time Susie has acknowledged she gets help, or do I fast forward too much normally? And if so, should we assume everything else is her own work?
I think this is a new policy coming into effect. Damian said a while back that this would happen, in response to that article in the Daily Mail a few months back.
Which round was this? Since Damian's "from September onwards" message I've been looking out but I missed this one when watching "live".

Bad luck Andrew. If you'd landed a blow with RENEWING (which I assume is the word you saw immediately and then forgot) it could have been very different.
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Post by Andrew Herbertson »

No I Hadn't spotted renewing it was only a 6 i'd spotted but i knew there was a bigger on there but could not see it.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Clive Brooker wrote:
Liam Tiernan wrote:
Which round was this? Since Damian's "from September onwards" message I've been looking out but I missed this one when watching "live".
Not sure which round, but towards the end. She said something like "I have to thank the producer for this one - GAMBADE". And it wasn't one of those afterthoughts that come through after DC have given a few shorter words - I think it was the only thing they offered. I also have been looking out for it, and this is the first I've spotted.