Alexander Armstrong has a new show

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Alexander Armstrong has a new show

Post by James Robinson »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
James Robinson wrote:It is known now as the Democratic Republic of the Congo. There is a separate country called Congo, but I don't recall it being mentioned on the show.
The Congo is "split" into the DRC and the Republic of the Congo. There's no country just called Congo.
The Republic of Congo IS Congo.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

So, now that we know that there is definitely a second series, who will be applying for it? James Robinson possibly, and maybe some of our game show regulars? Sue? Kirk? Dinos? Phil? Also, you have to think of someone quite knowledgeable to pair up with. It's a good show, so a few tweaks and seeing someone you know on there could make it great.

Edit: Just noticed a typo, so may as well add Phil's name and pretend it was there all along.
Last edited by Derek Hazell on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Derek Hazell wrote:So, now that we know that there is definitely a second series, who will be applying for it? James Robinson possibly, and maybe some of our game show regulars? Sue? Kirk? Dinos?
You forgot me. :cry:

I've applied on behalf of HWMBO and me, but I'm not getting my hopes up as I've not had much luck at game show auditions the last couple of years. Plus the new series of Pointless is being recorded in January and I'll be unavailable for much of that month due to being in a play.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Not us sadly! The filming is in January and we're away for most of the month!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

My slight problem is that I need someone to apply with, because my sister has just started uni, so she might not be able to do it, so if anyone wants to form a partnership, please let me know! ;) :) :D
Ray Folwell
Acolyte

Post by Ray Folwell »

Alexander Armstrong is playing Clive Sinclair in Micro Men at 2100 on BBC4 tonight. Radio Times describes it as a "comedy drama".
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Ray Folwell wrote:Alexander Armstrong is playing Clive Sinclair in Micro Men at 2100 on BBC4 tonight. Radio Times describes it as a "comedy drama".
Well, that's the usual spectrum his work falls into.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Ray Folwell wrote:Alexander Armstrong is playing Clive Sinclair in Micro Men at 2100 on BBC4 tonight. Radio Times describes it as a "comedy drama".
Well, that's the usual spectrum his work falls into.
I can't wait to see that. The promo looks well interesting, especially that clip of Armstrong in the C5! :lol:

Personally can't wait for The Armstrong & Miller Show on BBC One at 2130 next Friday. ;) :) :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah I read about this in Edge a while back and had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder, should be worth a look. Oh, and here's the article.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Saw Micro Men yesterday, Alexander was very funny as Sir Clive.

Here is the iplayer link for those that missed it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Micro_Men/, well worth a look. :)