New Duels

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

New Duels

Post by Charlie Reams »

So I've listened to the criticism and I've tried to fix some of the things that people didn't like so much while preserving the things they did. The new deal is this:

1) The duel should take around 10 minutes to play per day (some variability here, and of course depends how quickly you run through the non-game stuff).
2) Generally more variety of the basics, such as number and letter selections, scoring systems etc, exercising many of the features that have been added since the introduction of the Duel.
3) The structure is organised on a weekly cycle so that everyone gets a bit of what they like:-
** Mini Monday: Short time control (15 secs or less), but simple variants.
** Totting Tuesday: All numbers.
** Wether Wednesday: Goatdown or other goaty variants.
** Thoughtful Thursday: Slower time controls.
** Freaky Friday: Could be anything, including weird variants, nasty time controls etc. AKA Volatility Vendredi.
** Standard Saturday: Dead simple 15 round game.
** Super Sunday: Some interesting variant but nothing too crazy, mostly Hyper or Junior.

Please bear in mind that all this still involves a random element, so it might be a while before the probabilities balance out.

The new rotation will start from this Saturday and will trial for one month, during which further feedback is welcome.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Re: New Duels

Post by Alec Rivers »

Sounds great. Love the names of the days, too. ;)
Julie T
Kiloposter

Re: New Duels

Post by Julie T »

Fantastic, Charlie! :D

A lot of thought and effort gone into that, it should be great! 8-)
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli