What to do at 3.25pm for the next 4 weeks

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

What to do at 3.25pm for the next 4 weeks

Post by Marc Meakin »

Maybe Apterous could organise a version of COC to fill the gap and we can all spectate
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Re: What to do at 3.25pm for the next 4 weeks

Post by Derek Hazell »

I keenly await Matthew Green's response to this topic.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Sexy party!
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:I keenly await Matthew Green's response to this topic.

Bloody hell Derek, great minds and all that. I checked out this thread to make that self same point. I hope Matty is proud of his role as the site's most lovable wanker!
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Well, Matthew didn't do one of his clever lists of things which could be done at 3:25, and the show is back next week, so we all know what we'll be doing then (apart from those of us who work who will be doing it later). According to the Radio Times, it is a new series. I am sure Innis, Jacqueline etc. would be shocked to know that their series ended without them even getting a chance at any finals. Shame the only non-tabloid TV guide can't at least get their facts right.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Derek Hazell wrote:Shame the only non-tabloid TV guide can't at least get their facts right.
Hate to break it to you but you do realise we are not normal? No one else cares.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

I only just saw this thread. To put it simply, 3:25-3:45 sees the climax of the Jeremy Kyle Show which raises the fire within my soul. Then 3:45 to 4:15 sees everybodys secret crush Ricki Lake take to the stage.

I generally use JK to rouse my Kundalini and then let it loose with an explosive masturbation session to gool old Ricki. Great days.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Matthew Green wrote:I only just saw this thread. To put it simply, 3:25-3:45 sees the climax of the Jeremy Kyle Show which raises the fire within my soul. Then 3:45 to 4:15 sees everybodys secret crush Ricki Lake take to the stage.

I generally use JK to rouse my Kundalini and then let it loose with an explosive masturbation session to gool old Ricki. Great days.
Countdown back next week and Matty's 'Wank tales' back on the thread. Phew, normality resumed on two fronts and metaphorically, on Ricki's too.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Countdown from next week is 3.25pm to 4.10pm, so it has had five minutes lopped off. Deal or No Deal now runs from 4.10pm to 5pm so they have been given the extra five minutes. It's a bloody disgrace :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

To be fair it rarely starts before 15.26 and rarely ends after 4.10, so I'm sure there won't be any less time for the broadcast.

Isn't Chris Davies on next week?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Chris Corby wrote:Countdown from next week is 3.25pm to 4.10pm, so it has had five minutes lopped off. Deal or No Deal now runs from 4.10pm to 5pm so they have been given the extra five minutes. It's a bloody disgrace :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Oh dear, that's not a good sign. Suggests a shift in advertising. It did change from 3.30 to 3.25 sometime during Deso's run, and the running time of the programme itself didn't change then.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

How odd!
Deal or No Deal could be completed in 15-20 minutes without the padding.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ralph Gillions wrote:How odd!
More like 5...
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Michael Wallace wrote:
More like 5...
Well you can get Countdown done in about 10 minutes so I don't think this argument really applies.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Michael Wallace wrote:
More like 5...
They should have some special "Speed Deal Or No Deal"s where they have to do it all in 5 minutes, including all the fucking stupid phone calls from the banker and the mystical bullshit from Noel. To get it all finished in time, they'd have to do all the same things as in a 45 or 50 minute show, but much faster. Everyone would have to talk really fast and maybe even run around a bit, which would lend things an excellently slapstick air. Obviously if they went overtime, then the game would be void and the contestant would have to leave with nothing, so it would be in their interest to ensure a finish even if it meant accepting a derisory offer from the banker. It would be quite intense, I'd definitely be into watching it.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JimBentley wrote:They should have some special "Speed Deal Or No Deal"s where they have to do it all in 5 minutes, including all the fucking stupid phone calls from the banker and the mystical bullshit from Noel. To get it all finished in time, they'd have to do all the same things as in a 45 or 50 minute show, but much faster. Everyone would have to talk really fast and maybe even run around a bit, which would lend things an excellently slapstick air. Obviously if they went overtime, then the game would be void and the contestant would have to leave with nothing, so it would be in their interest to ensure a finish even if it meant accepting a derisory offer from the banker. It would be quite intense, I'd definitely be into watching it.
I enjoy your posts more and more every time, Jim. Just thought I'd let you know.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Douglas Wilson wrote:To be fair it rarely starts before 15.26 and rarely ends after 4.10, so I'm sure there won't be any less time for the broadcast.

You are right about the timing. It never finishes anywhere near 4:15! I record it on Sky+ and have the option of adding an extra 5 minutes onto the end to make sure it doesn't overrun, but I never need to worry about good ol' Countdown.

Douglas, in answer to point 2, Chris is on next Friday.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Well you can get Countdown done in about 10 minutes so I don't think this argument really applies.
I think Countdown in 10 minutes would be analogous to DoND in about 2 (depending on how much thinking time you give). (That said, I wasn't subscribing to the "because you can do it quickly means it's rubbish" argument.)
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:To be fair it rarely starts before 15.26 and rarely ends after 4.10, so I'm sure there won't be any less time for the broadcast.

You are right about the timing. It never finishes anywhere near 4:15! I record it on Sky+ and have the option of adding an extra 5 minutes onto the end to make sure it doesn't overrun, but I never need to worry about good ol' Countdown.

Douglas, in answer to point 2, Chris is on next Friday.
Nice one, my friend was in the audience.

It's a shame it was Chris that they watched as it pretty much nullifies the chance of them getting on TV if the conundrum goes unsolved!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Douglas Wilson, at 6:50pm, wrote:Ah ok it looks like I'll be keeping my information to myself then which I have no problem about.
Douglas Wilson, 13 minutes later, wrote:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You're not doing yourself any favours Douglas.
Last edited by Matt Morrison on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

I've edited my orginal post, as my mistake was pointed out to me.

Can you delete your's?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Douglas Wilson wrote:I've edited my orginal post, as my mistake was pointed out to me.

Can you delete your's?
Done. Didn't think of that.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Cheers.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Derek Hazell wrote:Shame the only non-tabloid TV guide can't at least get their facts right.
Hate to break it to you but you do realise we are not normal? No one else cares.
Hmm well even Channel 4 are calling it a new series in their new Wogan-voiced trailer! So, yes Matt, seems apart from the producers we are the only ones who know/care. :roll:
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Without the ads, Countdown lasts about 36 minutes. Of course the show used to end before 4.15 as they had to put in 3-4 minutes of ads before DOND started. Now it is going to finish around 4.06pm so unless they are cutting out one of the two ad breaks it is hard not to come to the conclusion that the programme time is down from 36 to 31 or 32 minutes.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Chris Corby wrote:Without the ads, Countdown lasts about 36 minutes. Of course the show used to end before 4.15 as they had to put in 3-4 minutes of ads before DOND started. Now it is going to finish around 4.06pm so unless they are cutting out one of the two ad breaks it is hard not to come to the conclusion that the programme time is down from 36 to 31 or 32 minutes.
And the running time of today's show (according to 4oD) is... 36 minutes, so nothing has changed. I did notice that DOND started well after the advertised 4.10, though.