Project Hyper: The Audit

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Project Hyper: The Audit

Post by Charlie Reams »

Sid and I have been working hard to audit all the good work we've collected so far. A lot of the things we need to fix are quite complex and we're happy to do that ourselves, but we could really do with your help with something very basic. A large number of -NESS, -ISM and -ABILITY words were added without plurals and in almost every case this was a mistake. We could really do with some people who are willing to check a few hundred of these. It's very easy and you get to travel around to some of the dictionary's more exotic locales, so please let me know if you'd like to do some. The sooner we get this done the sooner we can roll out the final version and the sooner I can have my social life back.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Re: Project Hyper: The Audit

Post by JackHurst »

Ill do some, im a bit shit with computers, so i might have to ask a few noobish questions along the way.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Yes please!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

OK - sign me up for a few. I love page flicking.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

The other thing I forgot to mention is that we really need people with the ODE2r, just in case there are some obscure differences between the two. Sorry Jack.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

I'll help.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote:The other thing I forgot to mention is that we really need people with the ODE2r, just in case there are some obscure differences between the two. Sorry Jack.
How about editing your original post to incorporate this - for those that don't read this message?
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Post by Maxine Silkstone »

As I'm probably the cause of some of them, before I got going properly, of course I'll help too.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Count me in - I said I was happy to help :)

With a few volunteers how are we going to prevent duplication of the work? I know I'd put them in myself, but that's only 100-odd pages. Are you going to allocate sections of the dictionary like the original Spindlex? In that case bags I page 1900 - end (turnabout onwards), just cos I don't think anyone will have got that far yet. And I'm rubbish on z words :P

Edit - 20 pages in an apparently I haven't added a single word (according to the length frequencies of the longest words). Checked the original input list and Charlie did it, so I'm assuming his are ok. I'll move back to page 1700 and carry on from there. Sure you've all done great stuff chaps ;)

Edit2 - scrap all of that - I'll just do as I'm told :D
Lowering the averages since 2009