Rachel Riley 95th Sexiest Woman in the World!!!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Mike Spellar

Rachel Riley 95th Sexiest Woman in the World!!!

Post by Mike Spellar »

Rachel Riley has been placed 95th in FHM's 100 sexist women in the World.
Voted for by the general public, must be alot of Countdown fans reading FHM!
WELL DONE RACHEL!!!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Rachel Riley 95th Sexiest Woman in the World!!!

Post by James Robinson »

ONLY 95th! Who else beat her in that list?!
Mike Spellar

Post by Mike Spellar »

94 others, i'm afraid. No CV in the list this year.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Yes, very original reply :!: Names would have been more helpful, like who was 94th and 96th, for example :?:
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Woo!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Woo Kim Bauer as number 7! And Derek is that your daughter at number 5??? Surely they could have picked a better picture for Number 1 though?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:And Derek is that your daughter at number 5???
You cheeky monkey, old red eyes! :P

Suggesting that I have a 22 year old daughter? I am only 32 you know!!!
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Didn't last too long. The 2010 list was released today. No sign of our number queen on it. :( :cry:
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Robinson wrote:No sign of our number queen on it. :( :cry:
Clearly not many Countdown people read FHM or took the time to vote. Or they didn't know her name to vote and just refer to her as "that bird off Countdown" which is what most people asked me as their first question: "Is that blonde lass off Countdown as fit as she is on the tele?" (or words to that effect). Shocking, I know.
Last edited by Ryan Taylor on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Or they didn't know her name to vote and just refer to her as "that bird off Countdown" which is what most people asked me as their first question: "Is that blonde lass off Countdown as fit as she is on the tele?" (or words to that effect). Shocking, I know.
That must be a bit sad for Rachel, if people STILL at this stage refer to her as "that blonde lass off Countdown". After all, she's been there for nearly a year and a half now, and the only other people who appear on the show all the time are Jeff & Susie, obviously.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Robinson wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Or they didn't know her name to vote and just refer to her as "that bird off Countdown" which is what most people asked me as their first question: "Is that blonde lass off Countdown as fit as she is on the tele?" (or words to that effect). Shocking, I know.
That must be a bit sad for Rachel, if people STILL at this stage refer to her as "that blonde lass off Countdown". After all, she's been there for nearly a year and a half now, and the only other people who appear on the show all the time are Jeff & Susie, obviously.
James. This is Hull.

Also, true story: Woman stopped me today (doing the paper round) and said "Oh, you were on Calendar weren't you." I was like "No, Countdown" Anyway we talked abit about other things and then as I was leaving she went "Oh and once again, well done on Calendar". "NOOOO!!!!!!! IT WAS FUCKING COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!". The point being that if people don't even know the name of the show, then they probably don't know the people who present it!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Robinson wrote:year and a half now, and the only other people who appear on the show all the time are Jeff & Susie, obviously.
Obviously? I still get people saying "who presents Countdown nowadays - it's that sports presenter isn't it?" and "That woman in dictionary corner is hot - what's her name again?"
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Also, true story: Woman stopped me today (doing the paper round) and said "Oh, you were on Calendar weren't you." I was like "No, Countdown" Anyway we talked abit about other things and then as I was leaving she went "Oh and once again, well done on Calendar". "NOOOO!!!!!!! IT WAS FUCKING COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!". The point being that if people don't even know the name of the show, then they probably don't know the people who present it!
If there's one thing that election campaigns are useful for, it's proving that the general population is thick as mince.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Also, true story: Woman stopped me today (doing the paper round) and said "Oh, you were on Calendar weren't you." I was like "No, Countdown" Anyway we talked abit about other things and then as I was leaving she went "Oh and once again, well done on Calendar". "NOOOO!!!!!!! IT WAS FUCKING COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!". The point being that if people don't even know the name of the show, then they probably don't know the people who present it!
Is she calling it that purely based on the pilot series nearly 30 years ago?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

A snippet of conversation on the train to the finals from the woman sat opposite me:

"Oh you've been on Countdown? I love Countdown I watch it all the time! I'm sure I saw you on it quite recently. Is it still with Carol Vorderman?" :roll:
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

This is the most frequent response whenever i bring up countdown in conversation with non regular viewers.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Also, true story: Woman stopped me today (doing the paper round) and said "Oh, you were on Calendar weren't you." I was like "No, Countdown" Anyway we talked abit about other things and then as I was leaving she went "Oh and once again, well done on Calendar". "NOOOO!!!!!!! IT WAS FUCKING COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!". The point being that if people don't even know the name of the show, then they probably don't know the people who present it!
Is she calling it that purely based on the pilot series nearly 30 years ago?
She looked old enough to remember it.

Also, agree about the Carol point.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

It is on at a time in the afternoon when a lot of people are at work. I didn't see the show for half a decade before i decided to become a bum. It'd be savage if it were on at a similar time to eggheads in fairness. Surely the ratings would increase?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Andy Wilson wrote:It is on at a time in the afternoon when a lot of people are at work. I didn't see the show for half a decade before i decided to become a bum. It'd be savage if it were on at a similar time to eggheads in fairness. Surely the ratings would increase?
Nah, I'd watch Eggheads.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

It almost seems hard to think that Southend and sexiness would go together in some way, but when you think that beautiful women such as our own Rachel Riley come from there, you might want to think again. :idea:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... xiest.html
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:It almost seems hard to think that Southend and sexiness would go together in some way, but when you think that beautiful women such as our own Rachel Riley come from there, you might want to think again. :idea:

They mention Rachel, Kara and Hannah Tointon and Helen Mirren, and go with a picture of Helen Mirren? What kind of sick joke is this?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:It almost seems hard to think that Southend and sexiness would go together in some way, but when you think that beautiful women such as our own Rachel Riley come from there, you might want to think again. :idea:

They mention Rachel, Kara and Hannah Tointon and Helen Mirren, and go with a picture of Helen Mirren? What kind of sick joke is this?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon Corby wrote:

But she got her baps out in the 60s!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles