This is on my chest

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

This is on my chest

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hi, everyone!

As I am feeling very good but recovering from my god-awful kidney stone, I just have to get this off my chest.

I do not understand Kate Richardson's comment about American TV references and her having to look after her partner, Sara. Can I try to defend myself in a positive way by defending her and trying to owe her a very nice apology?

Also, I asked Charlie why he has banned David Dawson from here and I didn't get a response from him yet.

Rather than getting banned myself, I would like to have someone explain these things to me by either replying to this thread or talking to me privately about this.

I was going to lay down now, but my nap has been postponed. It has been postponed until I can get a fairly intelligent response from someone here to this thread.

I am not demanding, but rather pleading for a response to this thread. I say this because I don't want any of you to take it the wrong way.

Please understand that I have trouble understanding how to interact with people sometimes. When people do not take things lightly, that comes as a shock to me, but much to my surprise I just came to realize it knowing how nice you all have been to me in the past. Once again, I have no idea why Ben locked the thread paying homage to Kate Richardson.

Finally, Kate Horton said it best, at the end of the day I love Countdown, as do all the forumites and I am always welcomed on the forum.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Re: This is on my chest

Post by Julie T »

In case Kate has gone completely, I'll tell you how I interpreted her reply to your game show link.

I think (although I could be wrong) that Kate feels hard done by by the forum in general, not by you personally.
IMHO she thought that your link was a nice gesture, but doesn't feel like contributing to the forum and wishes not to be discussed on here anymore.

I wouldn't feel bad, Jason. You're a warm-hearted person, and I'm sure that most people realise that.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

David Dawson (pretty unlikely that's his real name) how about posting homophobic comments, using foul language and generally winding us all up? Plus Kate, I might get massacred for this but you don't raise awareness of any topic by being nice and polite to people. And look how much we've been talking about it on the forum! So she's absolutely succeded in raising awareness of the topic, albeit by negative methods. Dunno if she's happy, but debatably, she should be!
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Thank you so much for making me aware that this is not all my fault.