Current recaps thread

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Current recaps thread

Post by Jim Treloar »

As a new contributor to this group, I hesitate to ask a favour, but is there any way the Current Recaps thread can be produced in date order? I've just been away for a couple of weeks and am watching the (recorded) progs in order, but looking for the reports on each programme, I'm shuffling up and down till I find the right date. Laziness on my part I'm sure but it would be easier. Just reaching Neil's progs from last week, looks set for a good run.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: Current recaps thread

Post by Martin Gardner »

Not that I know of (Charlie will answer this, I'm sure) because the posts that appear at the top of the forum are the ones with the most 'recent activity', so if people are still discussing a game from two weeks ago, that could be the top of the list. Try control F, that's my tip.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Martin Gardner wrote:Not that I know of (Charlie will answer this, I'm sure) because the posts that appear at the top of the forum are the ones with the most 'recent activity', so if people are still discussing a game from two weeks ago, that could be the top of the list. Try control F, that's my tip.
Or better still, visit the cdb (http://apterous.org/cdb) where the games are listed in order and linked to the recaps.

Edit: Oh, actually having looked, it's incomplete.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon Corby wrote: Edit: Oh, actually having looked, it's incomplete.
It is now.

Incidentally is there any reason that people seem to have stopped submitting their recaps to the database? It takes like 1 click from the recap writer and it's a real pain if I have to do all of them myself.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Charlie Reams wrote:Incidentally is there any reason that people seem to have stopped submitting their recaps to the database? It takes like 1 click from the recap writer and it's a real pain if I have to do all of them myself.
Probably because you're a poofter.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Incidentally is there any reason that people seem to have stopped submitting their recaps to the database? It takes like 1 click from the recap writer and it's a real pain if I have to do all of them myself.
Probably because you're a poofter.
Oh yes. Must really do something about that.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Jon Corby wrote: Edit: Oh, actually having looked, it's incomplete.
It is now.
Incomplete? Yeah it was when Corby posted as well. ;)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I still do mine, sir. I think there may have been one where I hadn't, because there wasn't a Series 60 option available on the submission page at the time. I should really have gone back and done it though, rather than expecting someone else (you) to do it. Sorry.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Sorry! I completely forgot I had a few recaps I was gonna submit to cdb later.
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

I am submitting them as a rule - Apart from the first one of this Series when there was no Series 60 option. Sorry I didn't know how to retrospectively enter it.