CO:Sheffield - Saturday 18th May 2024

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
George Armstrong
Rookie

CO:Sheffield - Saturday 18th May 2024

Post by George Armstrong »

Countdown has found itself a new Yorkshire home in the beating industrial heart of Sheffield!

But what can you expect from CO:SHE 2024?:

Our Venue:

We will be at St Bartholomews, Primrose Hill, Langsett, Sheffield, S6 2UW. Just a 15 minute drive or 20 minute tram ride from Sheffield Station. There won't be any lunch provided asides from tea/coffee/biscuits etc, but there is an Aldi around the corner.

The Games:

We will be playing Lincoln style games. All competitors will be drawn into groups of three at the start of the day for Round 1 and you will play everyone in your group once in 9-round games (6l 2n 1c). Three more rounds follow where your opponents will be your neighbours in the standings at that point so don't worry if you have a tough start. At the end of the three rounds our top two will face off in the final. Remember the aim is to have fun and there will be plenty of prizes on offer that anyone could take home.

On the day:

Doors will open officially at 10.30am with the first round draw at 10.45am and the first round itself at 11am. We'll have two rounds, a break for lunch, then two more rounds before the top two play the grand final. We'll be booking a group meal for after so keep your eyes peeled for upcoming details.

Full schedule:

Doors open: 10.30am
Welcome/Round 1 Draw: 10.45am
Round 1: 11am
Round 2: 12.10pm
Lunch: 1.20pm
Round 3: 2.30pm
Round 4: 3.40pm
Final: 5pm
Prizegiving: 5.30pm

So fancy coming? Entry fee for the day will be £12, payable to me at www.paypal.me/GArmstrong97. If you don't have PayPal feel free to contact me and we can sort something out.

Any questions? Ask away. Let's be having you...

James Robinson
Alex Williamson
Euan Crabb
Ashwin Abinashi
Dan Byrom
Anthony Endsor
Andy Platt
Bradley Horrocks
Darren Godfrey
Jonathan De Souza
Adam Beach
Michael Armstrong
Dylan Taylor
MSR
Adrian Fletcher
Callum Todd
Jack D
Jason Turner
Taz Turner
George Baker
Ian Wray
Thomas Carey
Tracey Mills
Mark Mills
Ed Byrne
Kate Scranage
Steve Hyde
Stewart Gordon
Last edited by George Armstrong on Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Re: CO:Sheffield - Saturday 18th May 2024

Post by Callum Todd »

Going to suggest this place for post-event scran if no plans have already been made:

https://templeof.fun/
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
George Armstrong
Rookie

Callum Todd wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:44 am Going to suggest this place for post-event scran if no plans have already been made:

https://templeof.fun/
Looks great Callum, should be something for everyone - and very close to our venue! Will canvas opinions on FB.
George Armstrong
Rookie

Following Callum's suggestion I've made a booking for dinner at Church - Temple of Fun for 20 at 18:30. They need a preorder for food items but only the day before so no rush. If you're wanting to come please let me know :)

https://templeof.fun/pages/menus?fbclid ... E3fyYtYdDI
George Armstrong
Rookie

Bad news folks, unfortunately Temple of Fun have been in touch. Here's what they had to say:
"We are really sorry to be messaging but unfortunately Church will be closed to the public on Saturday 18th May.
We are taking part in a festival that is happening all across Kelham, which is ticketed entry for the venues involved."
If anyone has any other suggestions for post event meal locations please drop them in the comments. Sure we'll sort something out ❤️
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Gutting. I know of one other place to eat nearby but it's also in Kelham so unlikely to be available.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
George Armstrong
Rookie

Good news folks, Bella Italia (the Sheffield St Paul's one) have said yes. We've a booking for 20 for 7pm. Yes that's later than the other booking but it's in Sheffield city centre so we're closer for trains home so one offsets the other. No preorder needed this time but I'll attach a menu for your perusal

https://www.bellaitalia.co.uk/restauran ... pauls/menu

I've set up a messenger chat for those who'd previously registered interest. For anyone yet to sign up for the event who wants to come along to this I'll drop the number of spaces left below once I know :)