If Sky waved their Chequebook would Colin Murray be tempted?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

If Sky waved their Chequebook would Colin Murray be tempted?

Post by Marc Meakin »

I think he would be great for Soccer Saturday
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: If Sky waved their Chequebook would Colin Murray be tempted?

Post by James Robinson »

You seem to have forgotten one big thing…, Sky are owned by Rupert Murdoch…, and he left TalkSPORT after News Corporation took them over…, so I think there’s ZERO chance of him going to Sky…
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

He sold it in 2018.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Well Jeff managed SS and Countdown for three years, and only dropped Countdown when Richard Keys proved to the world what a bellend he was. He could easily do both
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

James Laverty wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:36 pm Well Jeff managed SS and Countdown for three years, and only dropped Countdown when Richard Keys proved to the world what a bellend he was. He could easily do both
I've had a look around for anything around this, and all I can see is that Keys suggested Stelling should have left the programme at the same time as the other presenters, and maybe suggested he took more holidays at some point. I don't see anything showing that Stelling is a bellend.

Maybe he's just bitter at having to leave himself, or that he's likely still got no knees.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ian Volante wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:24 pm
James Laverty wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:36 pm Well Jeff managed SS and Countdown for three years, and only dropped Countdown when Richard Keys proved to the world what a bellend he was. He could easily do both
I've had a look around for anything around this, and all I can see is that Keys suggested Stelling should have left the programme at the same time as the other presenters, and maybe suggested he took more holidays at some point. I don't see anything showing that Stelling is a bellend.

Maybe he's just bitter at having to leave himself, or that he's likely still got no knees.
Did he mean that Keys proved what a bellend Keys is? I know nothing about any of this but a quick Google suggested that Richard Keys might be a bellend.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

I read Lav's message as Keys is a bellend, rather than Jeff. I think Jeff is fairly universally liked. Seems a decent chappie.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

So why would Keys proving himself a bellend lead to Stelling leaving Countdown, which appeared to me to be the cause and effect being pointed out.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Ian Volante wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 am So why would Keys proving himself a bellend lead to Stelling leaving Countdown, which appeared to me to be the cause and effect being pointed out.
When Keys got sacked from Sky, Jeff Stelling replaced him on some of his presenting duties I believe, leading to Jeff not having enough time in his schedule to present Countdown.

Keys being a bellend = more Sky work for Jeff = Jeff quits Countdown
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Callum Todd wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:04 am
Ian Volante wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 am So why would Keys proving himself a bellend lead to Stelling leaving Countdown, which appeared to me to be the cause and effect being pointed out.
Keys being a bellend = more Sky work for Jeff = Jeff quits Countdown
Gotcha