This Morning

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

This Morning

Post by Marc Meakin »

I see Philip has done a runner
Not for the first time I see.

https://www.politicalite.com/exclusive/ ... -insiders/
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: This Morning

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I always preferred Gordon the Gopher anyway.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Really don't get why the whole Schofield thing is such a big story. Just strikes me as another incidence of celebrity piffle.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Callum Todd wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:14 pm Really don't get why the whole Schofield thing is such a big story. Just strikes me as another incidence of celebrity piffle.
Agreed; any kind of celebrity drama is something the media wants to desperately get their hands on, because the world's supposed to think that celebrities are at a higher status when they're just goddamn humans like the rest of us.
One of da 'Muricans
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Pretty despicable he came out as gay as a way of legitimising his dubious relationship with the runner.
I guess if it was a female runner he allegedly groomed he would be on the sex offenders register rather than be called 'brave'
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:41 am Pretty despicable he came out as gay as a way of legitimising his dubious relationship with the runner.
I guess if it was a female runner he allegedly groomed he would be on the sex offenders register rather than be called 'brave'
I'm not too well up with the story (because frankly I try and give as little time to consuming the overhyped lives of celebrities as possible), but I get the impression that people referred to the coming out as brave, and unless I'm woefully mistaken nobody is calling him "brave" for having an affair with a colleague (and if you're wilfully misrepresenting this then that's a pretty awful thing to do).

I might have misunderstood myself, but I find it hard to believe that he's being lavished with praise in light of this. If he was having a relationship with someone who was underage then yeah, he should absolutely face serious consequences - no doubt about that.

Also, lets not pretend that men in power who groom women don't escape justice - there are so many instances where high-profile celebrities had been grooming them for literally decades and never got prosecuted (even when it was common knowledge).
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »