Series 86 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Who do you think will be the Grand Champion of Series 86?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:04 pm

Tom Stevenson
57%
Edward Byrne
43%
Quinn Bartlett
No votes
Alan Young
No votes
Joe Dobinson
No votes
Daren Barnes
No votes
Steven Etherington
No votes
Lewis Castling-Morey
No votes

Total votes: 7

Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Series 86 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Post by Ryan Lam »

With four more preliminaries to go this Series, we now know who the final eight are for this Series and the matches are as follows below:

Quarter-Finals #1 (15 December): Tom Stevenson (#1 Seed) vs Lewis Castling-Morey (#8 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #2 (16 December): Edward Byrne (#2 Seed) vs Steven Etherington (#7 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #3 (19 December): Quinn Bartlett (#3 Seed) vs Daren Barnes (#6 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #4 (20 December): Alan Young (#4 Seed) vs Joe Dobinson (#5 Seed)

What an eventful Series this has been! Anne Robinson quitting abruptly, Colin Murray stepping in, then having COVID which forced Les Dennis and Jenny Eclair to take over his role temporarily, the return of the pre-COVID set from 2017 and that's not even getting to the 40th Anniversary Guest Hosts coupled with Susie Dent being absent on the show for unknown reasons at the time this post goes out! Steven Etherington also has his total score unknown at this point as his seventh show did not air, but I'm hoping someone will address this in due course why that's the case! This Series could not get more exciting than it has been and I'm sure we cannot wait for these contestants to challenge and face off each other!

I'm not going to be sharing any predictions and will be writing a review of the episode each day as per the last eight Series, so if you have any feel free to post them here! :)

The poll will close on the day the First Quarter Final airs (finally, you'll have ample time to vote this time round!) AND you will be allowed to change your vote until then. Finally, if you happen to be reading this in the near future, apologies but you will not be able to vote.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Re: Series 86 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Post by Andres Sanchez »

I have all stats written out in place of Tom so should I make a separate post about that if that's the case?
One of da 'Muricans
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Andres Sanchez wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:30 pm I have all stats written out in place of Tom so should I make a separate post about that if that's the case?
I did so in the past, but up to you :)
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Tom S wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:04 pm
Andres Sanchez wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:30 pm I have all stats written out in place of Tom so should I make a separate post about that if that's the case?
I did so in the past, but up to you :)
Then I shall.
One of da 'Muricans