Stewart Wintle 1994-2022

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Stewart Wintle 1994-2022

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Hello Everybody

I am sorry to be posting like this, one of the most popular members of the Apterous/Countdown community Stewart Wintle has passed away at the age of 28, for those of you who he knew him, he was a lovely guy who I always had a laugh with even though we supported rival football teams.

Goodbye my Friend you will be sadly missed x
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Re: Stewart Wintle 1994-2022

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

This is a tribute from Robin McKay
At the moment I can’t login so I will for now, say a tribute to Stew here:

Stew was my good friend on Apterous. He gave me friendship on Apterous when not many did. We always had a laugh and played games of Countdown together and of course had football banter.

My greatest regret Stewart was that I never met you. I always valued you as an individual and as my friend. You were a warm, caring individual and I am proud to have known you and you will always be my friend.

I just can’t get over this news and this has left me feeling emotional but that is testament to the effect you had on me as an individual. You will be so sorely missed but you shall never ever be forgotten. You are my friend and you were a hero and inspiration as you were to everyone who knew you.
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Really sad news. I'm sorry to read this.
Christy Cooper
Rookie

Post by Christy Cooper »

Awfully sad news- not sure this is the time or place to address this but I wonder what the cause was? I ask because looking at his Facebook his family and friends were wishing him a happy birthday the day before he passed- I hope that the cause its not what I’m thinking but terribly upsetting regardless.
Jack Neal
Rookie

Post by Jack Neal »

Christy Cooper wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:10 pm Awfully sad news- not sure this is the time or place to address this but I wonder what the cause was? I ask because looking at his Facebook his family and friends were wishing him a happy birthday the day before he passed- I hope that the cause its not what I’m thinking but terribly upsetting regardless.
I'm afraid to break the news that Stewart did indeed die by suicide.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

I didn't want to revisit this thread ever again as it fills me with great sadness, but there is something that I have been made aware of today that I feel should be put on here.

The family of Stewart were given the conclusive post-mortem results today. Although it was widely assumed, and taken as fact, that he took his own life, it was actually cirrhosis of the liver and pancreatitis that took him. It was conclusively not suicide, and although both myself and the family are heartened by the subsequent discussion surrounding mental health and suicide that has resulted from this event, we feel that the record should be set straight.

Look after yourselves, and those who you know.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Thanks for letting us know, Elliott.