A massive apology to you all.

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

A massive apology to you all.

Post by Martin Peters »

Hi c4countdowners,

I would like to this evening address you with the following statement...............................................

I am indeed Ashton Hancock and here is 2 things I’d like to address, one is something I’ve been a victim of, the other it was me in the wrong.

Cyber bullying/harassment
It started back in June when I received a message asking for my email address, I (stupidly) gave it them, then they started sending harassing messages by email and text (they got my number and used various accounts to harass me) I put back I’m showing my parents these messages and they said something along the lines of “you do and I’ll ******* your home in” among other threats, so I’ve never had the guts to tell anyone, unfortunately I deleted the emails/messages but I’m still scared, this ended in mid July.

My games/tricks/pranks on the community
I joined c4c in May 2019 (after some months) and I never joined to do my “games” I just joined to be a member, my family are unaware of the forum, then I was an apterite for about 3 days before Ben Wilson banned me for “cheating” (I was typing the letters into the dictionary and pasting them in the box). I decided in mid-July something had to change and my “games and “pranks” had to be stopped, and since then I never looked back I was planning to rejoin legitimately this month but then “Martin Peters” came along (something I did to pass my spare time) but I got caught on the act and sadly I’ve shown everyone what I am again. I think I’ve made some bad mistakes as a child, but dosent everyone this is a lesson and one I have well and truly learned, once I have taken some time away and matured more I will hopefully rejoin the community, Ronan (among others) appeared to be a PITA at the beginning but it changed and I hope this will be likewise as for me, I’m sure a lot more of you will have made a lot worse mistakes.

Anything else you want to know feel free to ask me and I’ll happily tell you (unless they are stupid privacy invading questions).

Thanks, and hope this has cleared it all up for you
Ashton

17/03/2020
Last edited by Martin Peters on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: A massive apology to you all.

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Cool. We'll see you when you rejoin us!
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

It won’t be for at least a year.
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:09 pm Cool. We'll see you when you rejoin us!
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

This is an outrage! :o
Are Maureen and Callum aware that you've been on here impersonating their husband and grandad?!
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 pm This is an outrage! :o
Are Maureen and Callum aware that you've been on here impersonating their husband and grandad?!
They were all fake made up names, not anything serious so no I’ve not impersonated anyone. I just used Maureen Grabhams name but I never pretended to be her.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Martin Peters wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm
They were all fake made up names, not anything serious so no I’ve not impersonated anyone. I just used Maureen Grabhams name but I never pretended to be her.
You still don't seem to realise that this isn't just "pranks" and "games".

You DID pretend to be Maureen. There are posts from Maureen - what is that if not pretending to be her?

"Martin" told George he was married to her. You sent James a wedding photo of Martin and Maureen.

Fortunately when you tried to pretend to be Paul Nixon you picked the wrong chap as he saw the facebook post.

I remember your Dave Butt posts from last year - you took his photo and his identity and posted as if you were him.

This is the sort of stuff that can get you into serious trouble.

If I created an Ashton Hancock account and started posting all sorts of stuff that people knew to be nonsense, you wouldn't be too delighted I suspect.

You've apologised which is good, but don't underplay what you have done.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

I did try to do that.

I did do Dave Butt.

I didn’t do the Paul Nixon thing, what you need to understand is that there is some nasty people out there (which I’m not one of in general) and it’s them that’s done that, I’m admitting everything I have done but that and the wiki stuff I wasn’t involved in, I do (clearly) run MartinS but I’ve not been the Vandal.

Cheers
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

I appreciate the apology - but this is just an outright lie. You clearly pretended to be her - you claimed your wife was on in series 24, and alluded many times to it being Maureen Grabham. That's not just "using her name" - that's stealing her identity. The chance of her visiting this forum is low, but I imagine she'd be pretty upset if she saw all that was going on with this.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 am
I appreciate the apology - but this is just an outright lie. You clearly pretended to be her - you claimed your wife was on in series 24, and alluded many times to it being Maureen Grabham. That's not just "using her name" - that's stealing her identity. The chance of her visiting this forum is low, but I imagine she'd be pretty upset if she saw all that was going on with this.
I did do that there is no deniying
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Martin Peters wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:39 am I did try to do that.

I did do Dave Butt.

I didn’t do the Paul Nixon thing, what you need to understand is that there is some nasty people out there (which I’m not one of in general) and it’s them that’s done that, I’m admitting everything I have done but that and the wiki stuff I wasn’t involved in, I do (clearly) run MartinS but I’ve not been the Vandal.

Cheers
It's a little convenient that new accounts registered on the wiki, vandalised things, then you somehow restored them all 2 minutes later, no? You used this as leverage to get you admin privileges. If this wasn't you, it's mightily convenient that you was somehow there to restore them all, making you look wonderfully helpful.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:55 am

I did do Dave Butt.

Cheers
It's a little convenient that new accounts registered on the wiki, vandalised things, then you somehow restored them all 2 minutes later, no? You used this as leverage to get you admin privileges. If this wasn't you, it's mightily convenient that you was somehow there to restore them all, making you look wonderfully helpful.
I wasn’t involved I hung around a lot that’s all. Who is “TheWikiMan”???
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Martin Peters wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:57 am

I did do Dave Butt.

Cheers
I'll admit I can't prove this - though an IP address test on the accounts probably would, but considering we've already shown that at least one thing you said on this topic was an untruth it's hardly a stretch that this might be as well. If it was you, then this is your chance to admit it - otherwise I'll ask for the IP addresses to be checked to see if there are any "coincidences" there as well.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:02 am
Martin Peters wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:57 am

I'll admit I can't prove this - though an IP address test on the accounts probably would, but considering we've already shown that at least one thing you said on this topic was an untruth it's hardly a stretch that this might be as well. If it was you, then this is your chance to admit it - otherwise I'll ask for the IP addresses to be checked to see if there are any "coincidences" there as well.
I didn’t do it so feel free to ask Jim for an IP check it, I’d admit if I did it.
Phil H
Acolyte

Post by Phil H »

Folks, aren't we getting a bit carried away with the "identity theft" business? I'm no lawyer but I'd have assumed it only becomes a crime if you try to make payments using someone else's money, get a loan in someone else's name, or suchlike.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Phil H wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm Folks, aren't we getting a bit carried away with the "identity theft" business? I'm no lawyer but I'd have assumed it only becomes a crime if you try to make payments using someone else's money, get a loan in someone else's name, or suchlike.
It is indeed, I’m an idiot aren’t I, I’m regretting this.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Well done for owning up and apologising. It takes bravery to do that and everyone appreciates it.
You've still got a lot of growing up to do, but you're by no means alone in that regard.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm Well done for owning up and apologising. It takes bravery to do that and everyone appreciates it.
You've still got a lot of growing up to do, but you're by no means alone in that regard.
Thanks a lot Jono, at the end of the day, I’d have been caught out anyway so I migy5 as well
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

When/where did this happen? I don't recall it on this forum at least.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:24 pm

When/where did this happen? I don't recall it on this forum at least.
Robbo announced in his post on the conut page as such, so I'm presuming he'd claimed so. He's also definitely alluded to it, if I could be bothered digging through posts then I'd find it.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Phil H wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm Folks, aren't we getting a bit carried away with the "identity theft" business? I'm no lawyer but I'd have assumed it only becomes a crime if you try to make payments using someone else's money, get a loan in someone else's name, or suchlike.
You're right in this respect, it wouldn't be legally upholdable - but it's still really not on to impersonate someone that you aren't.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm
You're right in this respect, it wouldn't be legally upholdable - but it's still really not on to impersonate someone that you aren't.
I’m on the same page as you Elliott, this is true it’s not on at all, if I could find this women I’d give her a huge apology
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Martin Peters wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 pm
I’m on the same page as you Elliott, this is true it’s not on at all, if I could find this women I’d give her a huge apology
I don't think she's ever going to find out about this. I doubt she browses this place. Just don't do stuff like this again :)
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:03 pm
Martin Peters wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 pm

I don't think she's ever going to find out about this. I doubt she browses this place. Just don't do stuff like this again :)
I don’t know who she is where she is, I actually am not 100% sure she is still with us.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Well, that's confirmed it for me.
The countdown community has its own personal Helen Lovejoy now, which is pretty hilarious.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

Ashton, I appreciate the fact you have given in that "Martin" is you and apologising like that was a good thing to do, well done.

However, I do feel as if that apology did not need so much irrelevant information. Describing me as being a PITA in the past was VERY insulting!!!

A better way to have worded it would be:

"Hi all,

As many of you suspected, I am Ashton Hancock and I would like to sincerely apologise for my stupidity in the countdown community over the past year, I can promise you now that I will no longer behave in that way again.

Thanks,
Ashton".
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Ronan M Higginson wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm Ashton, I appreciate the fact you have given in that "Martin" is you and apologising like that was a good thing to do, well done.

However, I do feel as if that apology did not need so much irrelevant information. Describing me as being a PITA in the past was VERY insulting!!!

A better way to have worded it would be:

"Hi all,

As many of you suspected, I am Ashton Hancock and I would like to sincerely apologise for my stupidity in the countdown community over the past year, I can promise you now that I will no longer behave in that way again.

Thanks,
Ashton".
I believe you did troll Apterous and the wiki in 2016-2017, sorry if you was offended.
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

No problem, and I sort of did, I was just really annoyed over the fact I was deactivated.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Ronan M Higginson wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:31 pm No problem, and I sort of did, I was just really annoyed over the fact I was deactivated.
I was but I wasn’t that disappointed, Charlie did the correct thing in banning both of us, but you’ve matured and I hope to do the same
Cath C

Post by Cath C »

Absolute scenes going on here!!!!!!!!!!
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Those apologies are already looking rather hollow. I think you're running out of goodwill here.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Fiona T wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 am Those apologies are already looking rather hollow. I think you're running out of goodwill here.
What do you mean in which sense, just to confirm (as Ben will confirm with IP) I’m not Cath C.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Hi Everyone,

This morning I assure you one thing, my days of Spamming c4countdown and Apterous are well and truly OVER.

This lockdown thing has caused me to start spamming again, it’s not acceptable and I need to give up for good.

I’m leaving the community behind for 6 months and I will make a return in my real name legit on 15th September, by which time I will have turned 13.

I would like to apologise to you all if you have been upset by my spamming.

Cheers,
Ashton

15/04/2020.

Ashton Hancock Spamming Periods.

11/05/2019 - 20/07/2019.

20/01/2020 - 14/04/2020.
Martin Peters
Acolyte

Post by Martin Peters »

Today is 1 year to the day since I joined this forum and it was by far the worst thing that ever happened to me. But I tick off my 1st year here as my dark year, I will rejoin later this year as I said, under my legit self. Thanks to everyone who has supported me, mainly Elliott Mellor who has helped me a lot in this period, I have nothing but respect for this man. This was my dark year, but it is over now and I’ll never troll this community or any community EVER AGAIN!
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

To be honest Ashton, I don't think anyone believes your lies anymore. You've apologised several times before, but kept making the same mistakes over and over again. what you have done to me is terrible, and has left me distressed. I'm sure many others are the same. I want no more private messages from you, and I would appreciate it if you didn't respond to this message. You had no rights to mention me at the beginning of this thread, I was not a pain in the arse. If you do want to join, give it a few years like me and others did too. Please take all the advice into account that you have received (which is a lot!), and please don't abuse me, abuse anyone else, or troll the community anymore. Thank you!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

...And this thread has outlived its usefulness. Ashton, take all the advice in this thread to heart. Mull on it. Talk it over with your parents, with friends, with someone. But take a lot of time to think before returning, if you decide to return. Find another hobby- one you like as much as Countdown, even. But don't make the same mistakes there.