Spoilers for Tuesday 3rd December 2019

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 3rd December 2019

Post by Tom S »

Congrats to Jamie on a well-fought and well-deserved octotchamp status. Feel for Corrina who has been eliminated due to there being 9 Octochamps! Series definitely has perked up towards the end.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for 3rd December 2019

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Nine octochamps for the first time ever! Assuming the top 8 can all make the quarter finals, it will be the first time an octochamp has been booted!
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

The wiki says "octochaps", so I can see Corrina's problem.
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Congrats to Jamie! Looking forward to seeing how he does in the finals! :D
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Very impressive champion; I'm puzzled though. The wiki has him listed as an apterite, presumably a very highly ranked one. Normally that means there's a number of fellow-apterites on these spoiler threads commenting on games and offering support, especially if it's a young player. Yet it's seemed very quiet the last 2 weeks.

If there are not 8 octochamps in the next series I wonder if they would allow Corina into those finals - she is, after all, unbeaten. I assume they won't have had time to schedule a one-off 9th v 8th game before starting the QFs, even if they wanted to do that. Sure, under the rules they don't have to do anything - she can just go down in history as a player who's never lost. Perhaps she'd prefer that! Seems a shame though if she doesn't get another shot somehow.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Keith Bennett wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am Very impressive champion; I'm puzzled though. The wiki has him listed as an apterite, presumably a very highly ranked one. Normally that means there's a number of fellow-apterites on these spoiler threads commenting on games and offering support, especially if it's a young player. Yet it's seemed very quiet the last 2 weeks.
I think Jamie kept it low key - he uses a different name on apterous, and hadn't told people he was filming. It was only really known by people who happened to be at the studio at the same time.